13. ʙʀɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ

Start from the beginning

"It's not Meredith! Okay? I refuse to believe that your luck with women is that tragic." Elena said to Alaric

'Who else knows about your secret little slayer stash?" Damon asked.

"Who doesn't? Got weapon everywhere, here, the school, my loft, your car." Alaric answered.

"It's Klaus, it has to be, he's screwing with us." Arabella interfered with the conversation.

"What if it was Stefan? He was crazy that night, and you know he was trying to get underneath Klaus's skin, he was capable of pretty much anything." Elena said.

"It was not Stefan, Lena." Arabella said.

"Ah, makes me nostalgic for the time that Stefan was a bunny snacking pacifist, anyway got to go, you'll know more later." Damon said, wanting to end the call, as he and Arabella both saw Elijah ahead of them.

"Hey, where are you two?" Alaric asked.

"Tea with an old friend." Damon answered, now really ending the call. "Elijah, my favorite original, back from the dead. Clean up nice."

Elijah took something out of his left jacket pocket. "You left something, in my jacket pocket." He showed them the note.

"Oh, yeah. Dear Elijah, let's get together, plot the destruction of your brother, XOXO" Damon replied, sarcastically.

"Damon." Elijah spoke in a warning voice.

"Was I right to undagger you or are we gonna have a problem?" Damon asked.

"I'm here, let's talk." Elijah shrugged.

"I'll start with an easy question, any idea what kind of Klaus killing weapon could be magically sealed in a mystery coffin?" Damon said, referring to the locked up coffin in their possession, the one Klaus really wanted to get back.

Meanwhile they were hoping that Stefan and the Bennett's were getting that coffin open. It was the only thing left that could maybe end Klaus.

⭒❃.✮:▹

Salvatore Boarding House

Damon entered Stefan's room with two shirts in his hands as Arabella started going to his closet where clothes of her were hanging up. Stefan had given her that place when she returned.

Stefan entered, shirtless, getting eye by Arabella. "Get dressed. We're going out."

"Yeah, sorry, not interested." Stefan replied, walking past Damon to his closet and to Arabella's displeasure, putting on a shirt.

"I didn't ask. Elijah and I have scheduled a very old fashion sit down with you and Klaus. I say go with the black. Makes you look all villainy."

"Klaus won't make a deal, Damon." Stefan said, butting up his shirt as Damon dropped the two shirts he had been holding on the chair next to him.

"He didn't have to. All we're doing is buying a little time to give our wicked Bennett witches a chance to pop-up the top of the coffin."

"So, that's your plan? Stall Klaus?" Stefan asked.

"If you didn't go postal on his hybrids then maybe we'd have some options." Damon reproached.

"So you unleashed an original to help him out?"

"Undaggering Elijah was smart, Stefan. You're kidding me? After what Klaus did to him? He's in vengeance mood. Perfect."

"There's nothing smart about trusting Elijah, Damon. He screwed us over the last time he promised to help us kill Klaus."