035. ʙʀɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ

Start from the beginning

"How could I not, Bels?"

Arabella giggled as she turned to face him. "Good morning."

He kissed her and that continued for the next five minutes, until Arabella backed away from him.

"We need a plan."

"For?"

"To kill Klaus of course, Stefan. I want him gone." She told her mate. He needed to go. She just wanted peace with Stefan again. Like in 1864.

"Well, I've got to tell you something." Stefan said and Arabella sat up. "Damon removed Elijah's dagger, left a note in the front of his jacket. He wants to convince Elijah to help us kill Klaus."

"That's good." Arabella nodded. "But is there still a white oak stake left?"

"Not that we know off. But we'll find something."

"Good, I want him to pay for everything he did. Jenna, Elena, you. He had absolutely no right to do anything he did." She hesitated. "Have I ever told you how sorry I am for being a bitch to you. I thought if I said these things, maybe your humanity would come back."

"It's okay, Bels." Stefan reassured her.

"No, it's not Stefan. It was not your fault and I probably made you think it was. It was his fault, never yours. Anything that happened, Klaus is to blame for." She knew how bothered he was with everyone he killed this summer, and if she could, she would take that pain from him.

"He will pay."

"Maybe the next thing we can do is take Kol's dagger out." Arabella said, and Stefan felt jealous. He had meant to ask her this before but it completely slipped his mind.

"Who is he to you? I mean like what does he mean to you?" He asked, the jealousy hearable in his voice.

"He's my best friend. Or was at least. I met him when me, Kath and Vic first met Elijah and Klaus. He always cheered me up." She saw the look on his face. "But don't worry. I never had any romantic feeling for him."

"Good."

Before the two could discuss anything else, somebody stormed into Stefan's room.

"Hello, lovebirds. Get out of bad, sunshine, I need you to come with me so we can pursue Elijah to help us." Damon's cheerful voice sounded in the room.

"And peace is over." Arabella muttered, stepping out of her boyfriend's bed.

⭒❃.✮:▹

The woods

Arabella and Damon were walking through the woods, going to the place Damon had written down on the note to Elijah. Damon was on the phone with Elena. And Arabella was listening in.

"So you're the prime suspect, huh?" Damon asked.

"She doesn't think that I did it." Elena answered. "She's just trying to find out why somebody used one of my family weapon to kill a council member."

"Well, why don't you just ask Ric if his dirty little doctor had access to the weapon." Damon suggested.

"You're on speaker phone, dick." Alaric's voice was heard from inside the phone.

"I'm just saying first suspects usually the right one. Don't get so defensive."

"Brian Walters was killed days ago, right? I didn't show Meredith this stuff until last night!" Alaric said, defending himself and Meredith.

"It wasn't Meredith." Elena concluded.

"But Brian Walters was her ex-boyfriend and Ric saw them fighting that night." Damon said.