SECRET BEHIND THE VEIL

It is already the sunset as everyone burn the bodies of the dead soldiers on the second day of mahabharat as they all wait for a while before duryodhana started leaving with others while pandavas side also started to leave until they hear a murmer behind them.

"Was the sacrifice of this many soldiers worth it?"

It was a question but of course despite knowing the answer no one will say anything so the pandavas started walking forward before they notice kunti not coming with them as they turn around only to see her gazing at karna's going figure before nakula called her.

PANDAVAS'S CAMP

The pandavas come back from the river as decided to check on kunti before going for tomorrow's plan but stopped on their track when they hear surprised gasp from inside the tent.

-------------------------------------------

Draupadi and kunti sit inside the tent as draupadi notice kunti lost in thought making her question kunti.

"what are you thinking about Maa?"

"nothing" Kunti replied with a bitter smile making draupadi confuse and worry as she again say.

"you can tell me, Maa"

"just thinking about how my sons are fighting with each other" Kunti replied bitterly before her eyes widen in realisation about what she said as she look at draupadi who blinked twice before asking.

"your.........all sons are here..........aren't they?"

Draupadi asked carefully as kunti look away before muttering.

"no.......karna is not here"

It was a mutter in low voice but draupadi still heard it as she looked confused for a while before her eyes widen as she let out a surprised gasp while kunti nodded at her silent question.

"karna is my son.....He is suryaputra karna not sutputra. I.....when he was born I was unmarried so I put him in a basket and flowed him with Ganga......I.....abonden my child.......I lost my son because of my selfishness"

Kunti cried as draupadi look at her with shock before asking carefully.

"does karna.........know about this?"

Draupadi wished it would had been a lie but seeing kunti nodding to her question she can't help but to ask.

"then why didn't you said it? From when do you know that karna is your that abonden son?"

"cause only karna has that kavach from birth and I know it from the time when he first came in front of hastinapur.........when arjuna and karna fighted" Kunti said while crying as draupadi look at her for a moment before sighing as she hug kunti while saying.

"you can still tell them about karna" Kunti sniffle before looking at draupadi as she ask.

"about your justice?"

"I don't want war, I only want apology, if they apologise then war can stop. Come, you need to rest, maa" Draupadi said casually as she took kunti for rest, not knowing the five people outside the tent heard their whole conversation.

------------------------------------------------

The pandavas stumble inside the planning tent with completely pale face as they sit on the nearest chair, feeling their legs weak before nakula mutter out in shaky voice.

"angraj karna is our oldest brother!!"

Listening to nakula others couldn't help but to stay in silence until bhima said something making all of their's mind go spiral.