Chapter 1: The End and The Beginning

Começar do início

"Uh-huh," I replied absently. I was staring ahead. Over the hills, where, I didn't know back then, a person would come to ruin my life.

Annabeth looked at the watch. "Gods! I'm going to be late on inspecting. See you later Percy! Also, here are some chocolates for the border patrol. Silena's dad made this..." She trailed off. "Well, he wanted us to know that he was happy Silena died a heroic death." She handed me the chocolates. It said, 'James Beauregard's Happy Chocolates'. She turned one last time and ran towards the cabins.

Not an hour after she left, I heard screaming. Towards me. Oh no. Oh no, oh no. Somebody was in danger. Me, being the awesome guy that I am, of course, ran towards the screaming to save whoever was screaming.

I saw the guy who was screaming almost immediately. It was a dude about my age who looked similar to Thaila. Why did he remind me of her? Maybe they are related? "HELP!" The boy shouted. Wait. They had the same blue eyes. He was an average dude. Not extraordinary. Just normal. My ADHD brain started to work. "HELP!" The dude shouted once more. Then I noticed the four hellhounds. Chasing him. Of course, I leaped into battle. Of course, I being the humble me, used some fancy moves while at it. The first hellhound ran straight towards me, drool coming out of its mouth. I rolled to the right and ran my sword through its body as it went past me. The second hellhound leaped and almost got me. I rolled to the right again, however the third hellhound blocked my way. The fourth hellhound lunged, but not at me. The hellhound head-butted the third hellhound, knocking it to the floor. I killed the second hellhound no problem. "GRRRRR." The fourth hellhound growled at the third, causing the third hellhound to cower in fear.

"Mrs O' Leary?" I asked hopefully. "Roof!" She bounded over to me and covered me in hellhound drool. I laughed. "It tickles, girl. Woah!" I laughed again. Mrs O' Leary licked me one last time and went to the stables, probably trying to eat Blackjack.

I looked around. Where was the boy that I saved? Oh yeah. I noticed him too late. He tackled me to the ground. "Oof!" I landed with a thud, knocking the breath out of me. I released my grip on Riptide. "Jeez!" I yelled. "You're like a cannonball!" He didn't say a word as he grabbed Riptide, victoriously.

A few moments later, the camp arrived. I didn't know how. Maybe Mrs O' Leary annoyed them so much that they came out here for fresh air. How was I supposed to know? Anyhow, the camp gathered. The boy introduced himself. "Hi. I'm Mark. Mark Craven. I defeated 4 hellhounds that chased me." What? My brain froze.

"Hol' up," I yelled. "I saved him. I run towards him. Boom. Hellhounds dead!" At this, Mark Craven looked at me with distaste. He looked at me like, 'Shut up idiot'.

"Anyhow, that dude," Mark said, pointing at me, "he watched me as I nearly died. What sacrilege. I vote to kick him off."

Annabeth looked at me with an expression of horror, disbelief, and disgust rolled into one. I wanted to say, 'No it isn't me, I swear. It's that dude. I promise.' to everyone. However, that dude was too much. TOO MUCH!

Little did I know. He was going to ruin my life forever.

/**********************************************************************************************\

"Hey," I spoke to Jason. He didn't speak to me, oh no. He looked at me with distaste and then walked away. Just like that song about the duck asking for grapes and then cooly walking away. I IMed him. "Yo, Jason wassup?"

"Nothing. Just leave me alone."

"Chill bro, I just want to talk. You believe me, don't you? Please say you do. You know that I killed the hellhounds right?"