Chapter 16:Rivals

At An Unknown Location

Valtos:I couldn't rescue Catherine and our other comrades. They were instantly cut down by one boy.He held no magic yet he used abilities like I've never seen before. He would have killed me and Sally if I didn't get us out of there in time. I believe that this boy may be a huge threat to our plans master.he even captured rades.Although I have some doubts about rades I know Catherine and him won't give out any information about us.

The man he was speaking to was a mage who wore the same robe as him but his face was hidden by shadows.

???:That's not what I am concerned about...if they're still alive I'm going to save them.

The man looks at his badly injured arm he received from the wizard king.

Mage:(Thinking):I thought I dodged it but his attack managed to scrape me.Magic that radically increases the flow of time the wizard king is truly other worldly! But I won't sit still I'm going to get more powerful than defeat him.

He then turns his attention back to valtos.

Mage:As for that boy you mentioned, fear not valtos he is no threat to me if we ever should cross paths I will kill him for hurting our comrades.

He then looks out to the many mages below him looking up at him looking upp at their leader as he speaks.

Mage:We will get our revenge on the kingdom of clover and form a kingdom of our own!

Clover Kingdom

Julius was at magic knight headquarters along with his assistant marx as they had both eye of the midnight sun members rades and catherine restrained and surrounded by other mages.

Marx:This isn't working. They have protective magic cast on them; we can't get any information out of them.

Catherine gains a sadistic smirk staring at the two.

Catherine:The boss is the light that pierces the depths of darkness. He's ur god!

Rades:He's the only one that never abandoned us...so there's no way we'd betray him!

Both wizard king and assistant made their way out of the roo walking the halls having a conversation of their own.

Marx:So what we know is..

Julius:That their boss is beloved by his men and that he is very powerful.It was probably that boss that defeated fuegoleon too.When he wakes up we'll probably get some information out of him. We need to wait for the sleeping lion to awaken.

Now asta and noelle were walking through the capital heading back too the black bulls base followed by charmy who was with them.

Asta:Man this place is huge it's hard to know where we are.

Charmy then offers him a cupcake.

Charmy:Keep calm and eat this.

He takes the cupcake and asks.

Asta:Why are you here charmy?

Charmy who gave noelle a cupcake then responded to his question.

Charmy:Where there is good food there is I.

Asta:You seem to be in a good mood.

Charmy gains a blush on her face.

Charmy:I met the man I am fated to be with. Although the subject is much to mature to be discussed with you boy.

She then thought back to when yuno saved her food and fell on her due to being exhausted.

Noelle:How did you get into castle town anyway?