"Wait here." He told Steve.

"Is there a problem?" Steve asked, nervously.

"Just wait here." The doctor repeated and pulled the curtains closed. Steve quickly rushed over to a chair and pulled on his boots, believing that he was about to be in some major trouble, when a soldier walked in, and Steve froze. But he was immediately confused when Dr. Erskine and Y/N walked in.

"Thank you." Erskine said to the soldier, who left. Y/N looked Steve up and down.

"I forgot how skinny he was in the beginning. Jesus. The super soldier serum did wonders." Y/N thought.

"So, you want to go overseas. Kill some Nazis." Erskine said, reading Steve's file.

"Excuse me?" Steve asked.

"Dr. Abraham Erskine." Erskine introduced himself. "And this is my assistant. Y/N." Y/N waved, trying to keep his excitement low. "We represent the Strategic Scientific Reserve."

"Steve Rogers." Steve said, shaking the man's hand. "Where are you from?" Steve noted the man's accent.

"Queens. 73rd Street and Utopia Parkway. Before that, Germany. This troubles you?" Erskine asked.

"No." Steve answered. "How about you?" He pointed at Y/N.

"Here. America." Y/N said. Not a complete lie, but enough to where he could keep his origins a secret.

"Where are you from, Mr. Rogers?" Erskine asked. "Is it New Haven? Or Paramus?" Steve realized the file was on every single one of the tries he had taken to get into the army. "Five exams in five different cities."

"That might not be the right file." Steve tried to explain.

"No, it's not the exams I'm interested in." Erskine stated. "It's the five tries. But you didn't answer my question. Do you want to kill nazis?"

"Is this a test?" Steve asked.

"Yes." Erskine said.

"I don't want to kill anyone." Steve explained. "I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from." Y/N smiled.

"Well, there are already so many big men fighting this war. Maybe what we need now is a little guy." Erskine said. Steve raised an eyebrow. "I can offer you a chance." He pulled the curtains open and stepped out of the room and Y/N followed. "Only a chance."

"I'll take it."

"Good." Erskine stamped down on Steve's application.

"So where is the little guy from? Actually?" Erskine asked.

"Brooklyn." Steve answered.

"Congratulations, soldier." Erskine handed Steve his file. Y/N patted the mans shoulder.

"Welcome to the army." Y/N grinned.

- Timeskip -

Steve stood in formation with the other soldiers. He was one of the few in line who stood at attention, while the rest were talking to one another. "Recruits, attention!" Quickly, everyone stood up straight with their arms at their sides. "Gentlemen, I am Agent Carter. This is Dr. Erskine's assistant Y/N L/N. I supervise all operations for this division." Y/N was carrying a box with clipboards in them and was handing them out, but was having trouble doing so with only being able to use one hand to hold the box.