Kabanata 3 | Dearest Miss Ginger

Start from the beginning

"I understand that the Count maybe has a—"

"Lord Samuel, it looked like Lord Jared is calling for you." One of the Copper Knights members stepped beside Samuel. Isang buntong hininga na lang ang nagawa niya't tumango.

"I shall go. Count Niccolo is calling for me." Just like that Samuel paved his eyes. Tirik ang araw sa labas ng kanilang mansyon.

The House of Kazroz loves the sun. They even have three greenhouses where various plants and blooming flowers are located. Kadalasan ay ang green house ang takbuhan ng mga nasa noble family kung gusto nilang magpahinga.

Yet Niccolo has a different hobby. He prefers to read books and eat ice creams made by various artisans in the empire.

"Your Excellency, Count Niccolo. I heard you're looking for me." Samuel put his palm on his left chest. He gave Niccolo a short bow but he was greeted by his pouting face.

Katulad nga ng inaasahan ay nakaupo ito habang nasa kandungan niya ang isang malaking teddy bear. Jared gave him an awkward stare. Mukhang alam niya na kung bakit ito pinapatawag.

Not only that, but the known ruthless and cold Niccolo, who is rumored to have killed thousands of knights in a war, is peacefully eating an ice cream in front of him.

"Sir Samuel. The rumor is true, your hair is as black as the night. And your eyes, It was really ocean blue. Aren't you aware that the maids are talking about you?" Niccolo's face was blank.

Muli itong kumuha ng isang kutsarang ice cream at sinubo nang buo. Napangiwi na lamang si Jared at iniisip kung paano nagagawang kagatin ni Niccolo ang ice cream.

"I don't mean to gather attention, Your Grace. I just want to do my duty as a Knight." Samuel kept his head low. Umiwas naman ng tingin si Niccolo.

"Look at her. She looks like this bear," Niccolo said as he hugged the ginger-colored teddy bear like a baby. He placed the white headband on top of the teddy bear and embraced it, kissing it. Napaawang na lamang ang bunganga ni Jared.

"Your Grace. Is it okay to display actions like that in publicity?" Jared leaned closer. Niccolo narrowed his eyes. Tila ba hindi nito narinig ang pasimpleng babala ni Jared.

"I asked you. Does this bear look like her?" Niccolo narrowed his eyes.

"Yes, Your Grace." Isang malalim na buntong hininga na lang ang nagawa ni Jared.

Samuel stares at the two. Hindi niya rin malaman ang gagawin habang panay ang sakmal sa ice cream ni Noccolo. Samuel's gaze shifted downward to the white headband that Count Niccolo was holding. Tinitigan niya ito dahil halata namang galing ito sa isang babae.

It sparkled in the sun's rays and was adorned with pearl beads. Little did Niccolo know, Samuel could see a strand of baby hair on the headband. It was ginger in color. Samuel had an exceptional eye for detail. Kaya walang kahit sino ang nakakatalo sa kaniya sa laban.

He could spot even the tiniest things, such as a one-inch hair on a black floor.

''I admit that I only went to the tavern because it's a quite else. Nothing else,'' Niccolo explained. Namilog ang mga mata ni Jared at agad na tiningnan si Samuel na parang estatwang nakatayo sa gilid. It looked like they were talking about something serious.