Edited chapter ten

"Why are we here?" Amelia asked, her voice filled with irritation. It was the following day, and unexpectedly, both Theo and Blaise had insisted on taking Amelia and Pansy to the Three Broomsticks. Normally, Amelia would have welcomed the impromptu outing, but her throbbing hangover had altered her perception of the situation.

"You two are here because Mattheo and Draco ditched us," Theo explained, his words tinged with a hint of annoyance. "You're our dates for the day."

"Couldn't you two have just gone together?" Pansy chimed in, her eyebrows raised in slight disbelief.

"Yeah, there was really no need to involve us," Amelia added, her voice filled with mixed emotions.

"What's wrong with you two?" Theo inquired, he was left in bewilderment at their rude attitude.
Amelia, feeling the weight of the previous night's indulgence, muttered, "We were drinking last night," as she placed her head heavily on her palm. The throbbing headache and remnants of the night out were apparent, causing her to visibly express her discomfort.

Without missing a beat, Theo's face fell with feigned disappointment. "Without me?" he asked, his voice tinged with a touch of sadness as if his absence from their drinking was a personal affront to him.

"You're an alcoholic, Theo. Everyone drinks without you," she remarked candidly, her words carrying a hint of playful mockery.

Theo, taking Amelia's comment in stride, placed his hand dramatically over his heart, a smile appearing on his face. "Ouch, that hurts," he remarked with mock solemnity, knowing well that Amelia's words were only meant to tease.

Blaise interjected, offering a solution to their collective hangover. "How about we get some pumpkin juice for you two? Maybe it'll help with the hangover," he suggested.

"Yes, please," Pansy eagerly responded, sitting up in her chair with a newfound energy. Amelia nodded in agreement, silently acknowledging that some pumpkin juice could potentially help ease the lingering effects. With a chuckle, Theo and Blaise made their way towards the front of the bustling bar.

Seizing the opportunity while they were out of earshot, Pansy leaned in towards Amelia, "How are you holding up?" she gently inquired.

Amelia replied swiftly, "I'm fine." But Pansy, ever perceptive and knowing her friend all too well, remained unconvinced. Her questioning gaze implored Amelia to be honest.

With a sigh, Amelia relented, her facade crumbling slightly under Pansy's scrutiny. "Pans I promise I'm fine"

"Have you seen him yet?" she asked, cautiously.
Amelia looked away, her eyes avoiding Pansy's probing gaze. "No," she whispered, a mixture of uncertainty tingling her voice.

Pansy pressed further, "Are you going to talk to him?" she asked, knowing the answer but still hoping for a different response.

"I don't even know what to say," Amelia confessed, her voice heavy with the weight of their complicated situation.

"You're going to have to face him soon enough," Pansy gently reminded Amelia, her words highlighting the importance of addressing the unresolved tension.

"I'm aware, Pans. You don't have to keep reminding me,"

"Well, we are in the same social circle, after all. I don't want it to be awkward for either of you," Pansy explained, her concern extending beyond just her friend's well-being.

" It's always awkward between us," Amelia complained, rolling her eyes.

"But even more so now that you kissed Riddle," Pansy remarked, causing Amelia to wince at the reminder of their shared secret.