~TWO~

WHAT JOHN B IS SAYING REGULAR NARATION!!!

"The outerbanks parodise on earth. Its the sorta place you either have 2 jobs or two houses, two tribes, one island.

The pouges laughed from where they were sitting, Pope sat in the passanger seat next to John b who stared out the window. JJ sat in one end and kie sat on the other both of them had Essa on them, her legs were across kie and her head was on JJ's lap. He played with her hair every so often.

Alright so this is figure Eight the rich side of the island, Home of the kooks. So guess where we don't live. And then, this is the south side, or the cut. Home of the working class who make a living busing tables, washing yachts, running charters.

As the van passed people on the cut they would look over to them and wave. The were well known you could say.

The natural habitat of...drumroll please...

the pouges were on the HMS Pouge, John b layed in the middle with JJ and Essa on one side and Pope and Kie on the other. JJ jumped onto John b, then Pope jumped onto JJ then Essa jumped onto Pope followed by Kie on top of Essa. They all laughed and groaned at the same time.

The Pouges, thats us. Pouges, Pogies, the throwaway fish. Lowest member of the food chain

JJ breathed in the ciggerate then passed it to Essa who was tanning on the front of the boat next to Kie, she layed againest Kie and played with her braclet every so often getting the blunt passed back to her and hitting it. Pope who was skipped while the blunt was passed around read a book while John b fished.

Okay so downside of Pouge life is we're ignored and neglected. The upside of Pouge life? We're ignored and neglected, which means we can do whatever we want, whenever we want. John b dropped a bunch of fish he'd caught at Kie and Essa's feet and they both moved there legs back, grossed out by the fish. "Nice haul, dude. Look at that." JJ said hitting Pope's shoulder. "Ew John b." Kie muttered sitting up straight causing Essa to have to sit up to.

That's JJ, my best friend since the third grade

That's JJ, my best friend since the third grade. He's about as local as they come. Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifer who made their living off the water. As Essa's future husband. Best surfer I know. Just don't tell him I said that. Mild kleptomaniac and a future tax cheat.

That's Vanessa Bentley, or essa

That's Vanessa Bentley, or essa. Essa is the glue to keep a puzzle together, Essa is the missing number in every equation. You either want her, Want to be her, or want to be her friend. She wasn't a kook but she was treated like one by them, Essa is a pouge through and through but you could always see the kook in her, in her dreams. Its not a bad thing she had big dreams for such a small girl. Essa was kind, and genunin and so so smart, she is loyal and lets be honest with ourselves gorgous. She's always been pretty through, she doesn't see it through, which is crazy because thats what she's been told her whole life. Essa is the glue everyone needs in their life.

Thats Cash, Essa's dog. She got him about 9 months ago right after our parents disapeared. The doctors told her i'd help with her anxioty and we think it's working. She doesn't talk about it. JJ said the only think Essa talked about when the two of them went and picked Cash up was how cute they all were and how she wanted to take them all home with her.

T

hats Kiara or Kie as we call her and when she's not saving turtles or listening to Marley or gettting a dolphin tatoo, she hangs out with us. I'm not sure why though. So, she's a rich kid, actually. Foot in both worlds. Her family owns the Wreak which is this Outer Banks institution. Total cash cow with the tourists. You know, i'm not really sure how her parents feel about us.

And that's Pope the brains of the operation, finalist for the Lucas T

And that's Pope the brains of the operation, finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship. And smartest person I know. Little bit of a wierdo. His father's tis legendary character Heyward. Anything you wanted on the island, Heyward could get for you. Now, i'm not sure Heyward knew what to make of his oddball son, but it didn't matter. He was a Pouge, just like the rest of us.

So that's my crew