Hubby For Hire

Published 27/6/15

My name is Valentina Rodriguez and I'm 28 years old. I live on my own in Los Angeles. I'm a secretary for Harts Design. H.D. is an architecture firm they have designed shopping centres, rehab facilities, houses, flats and restaurants. I'm single and I haven't found the right guy to be with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use the electronic keyboard to get into the foyer of the expensive condo building I live in. There's a security guard at the desk and he looks over at me. "Good Evening, Ms Rodriguez."

I smile and wave at him. "Hey, Charles. How are you?"

"I'm good. How was your day?"

"It was busy. There's so many new clients booking in to see our architects." I open my letter box and I see a fancy white envelope in there.

Shit!

I run upstairs and open the door to my condo. I place the envelope on the table and start pacing the floor.

I don't want to know what's in that envelope.

Dominic my neighbour looks into the room. He watches me pace back and fourth. "Your going to put a hole in the floor with all that pacing."

I giggle. "You'd be pacing too if you got a fancy white letter sitting on your table."

"May, I?" he asks.

I nod.

He walks into the room and picks up the envelope from the table. He opens it. "Dear Valentina. You are invited to the wedding of James Laughlin and Liane Rodriguez. On July 11 2015."

I open up my phone and look at the date. It's already June 26th.

My sister sent this late to me on purpose.

I sit on the lounge. "My sister is Marrying my Ex Best Friend and she waited for the last minute to invite me."

"What a bitch." He sits next to me.

"I can't go to this wedding stag. I'll look like the single loser I've always been.

Dominic pulls me into his arms. "If I weren't gay I'd have you as my girlfriend."

I slap him. "Stop!"

He laughs. "I did come across something in the paper."

I look at him. "What's that?"

"It was an article for a service. It's called Hubby for Hire."

I laugh. "Are you serious?"

He nods. "Yep," he pops the p. "You should give them a call."

"Okay, can you get there number for me?"

He nods. "Sure, I'll be right back." Dominic leaves my condo.

Hubby for Hire? I hope he's HOT!

Dominic returns with the clipping.

I shake my head. "What do you have this number, Nico?"

"I'm going to use it to make an Ex jealous. He's getting married in a couple of weeks."

I laugh. "I hope the company will work out for you."

He smirks. "Me too. Good luck, Val. I'll leave you to make the phone call." He walks out the door and closes it.

I let out a sigh and stare at the piece of paper in front of me.