~Chapter 2: The Ryū and the Vidyadhara~

Zero walked around the pond on Mount Aocang, looking for anything to do. It was boring. All he'd managed to find was a strange flying eye that attacked him; so Zero killed that with ease. The entity had also made his way to the centre island where a table and three chairs stood. However, the container was empty, so Zero could not quench his slightly infuriating thirst. The strange Adeptal parrot had not reappeared yet, so Zero didn't exactly avoid exploring, her just steered clear of her strange cave-like home. That was, until, two figures appeared on the mountain; walking towards the cave. Zero immediately recognised one as Haku, the water dragon in which he had met many times before. However, with him was a young man, who seemed just as reserved as him. The fellow dragon was just as cold and blank as Haku, yet somehow even Haku looked friendlier. The male had antler-like horns protruding from his jet black hair, with elfin ears on either side of his head. Haku blinked, stunned to see Zero; rushing over with a laugh, shortly followed by the other.
"Zero! It's been so long since the last time we saw each other," Haku smiled.
Zero nodded," Right. Wasn't the last time when we dealt with Kaonashi?"
"Yes, I remember!" Haku chuckled," Thanks to you, he's no longer lurking around."
The male behind Haku folded his arms, meeting Zero's gaze.
"Ah, right, of course," Haku sweated," Zero, this is Dan Heng; a friend from the Loufu. Dan Heng, this is Zero, a friend from another world, he's also part dragon."

Dan Heng gave a polite nod," Pleasure to meet you, Zero

Dan Heng gave a polite nod," Pleasure to meet you, Zero."
"And you, Dan Heng," Zero nodded.
"Dan Heng is a Vidyadhara," Haku explained," Do you know of those, Zero?"
Zero nodded," Yeah, I know Bailu."
"Ah, the High Elder," Dan Heng nodded.
Haku frowned, glancing at Dan Heng," You say that like you never were one. Anyway, why are you here, Zero?"
"As per usual," Zero groaned," I'm looking for Hikari, you wouldn't happen to know where she is, right?"
Haku and Dan Heng glanced at each other with a wry smile, Zero raised an eyebrow, confused.
"Well, a few days ago; Dan Heng and I went to see Morax, he trains us you see," Haku explained," He always talks about how us dragons have to learn together. Anyway, beside the point. Hikari was apparently staying with him, in Liyue."
Zero frowned, grimacing," What do you mean by 'apparently'."
"Well, we never actually did see her," Haku shrugged.
"Yes," Dan Heng nodded," Morax told us that Hikari was upset with him. Something about Mondstadt and abandoning. We didn't exactly understand."
"So, Hikari is with him, right?" Zero asked.
"Well, she was when we spoke with him. We aren't sure about currently," Haku smiled, sympathetically," Whenever we tried to see her, Morax would tell us she had run off to blow off some steam. My guess is she went fighting Hilichurl camps."

"Actually, now I'm curious," Zero crossed his arms," Why are you two here? If you're training."
"Oh! Morax asked us to do him a favour," Haku chuckled.
Dan Heng nodded, holding out a couple strange foods. They looked similar to bao, but like they tried to be shaped like dragons, but had miserably failed and morphed into a diabolical mess.
"He was cooking for the Adepti using Cloud Retainer's supreme cuisine machine, you see," Haku deadpanned," He tried to make himself, but...well... it's not the most flattering replica."
"Personally, I think they're delightful," Dan Heng stated.
"Only because you helped him make those things," Haku muttered, before turning to Zero," Morax was making them for Lantern Rite, you see. Oh right, since you'll be going to Liyue city, you might get to experience Lantern Rite. When will you be going?"
Zero had heard of Lantern Rite from Hikari before, though, Zero supposed that made sense on why Hikari was in Liyue. And, as Zero could imagine, Sebastian would definitely be happy to shove Hikari on Zhongli.
"Tomorrow morning with Xiao," Zero stated.
"Oh! Then could you please give one of these to Xiao," Haku gasped, pushing the dragon bao closer to Zero's face," We were struggling to find him, and Morax really wanted Xiao to have one. Here, you can have one too, Zero."
Zero reluctantly took two, one for himself and the other for Xiao, deadpanning.

"Does Xiao enjoy these, then?" Zero asked.
"Oh no," Haku shook his head," Morax just force feeds everyone. Just wait, one day you'll hear Morax tut and call you too skinny and fill your plate with the most sickly foods imaginable."
"How nice," Zero grimaced.
Dan Heng watched Zero holding the bao, expectantly waiting for him to take a bite. Zero deadpanned, pocketing it.
"I'll save it for later. I have a long trip tomorrow, after all."
Dan Heng nodded, thoughtfully, glancing away.
"What's even in it?"
"Morax likes bamboo shoot soup, it's his favourite; so we tried to make them similar to that," Dan Heng stated," In one of them, we placed a Jueyun chilli, that way it's like a game."
Haku sighed," Not one of us has had a chilli yet. We gave Moon Carver and Mountain Shaper theirs already. Oh, and we gave Shenhe and Ganyu their's in Liyue. So either you, Xiao or Cloud Retainer will have it."
"Who speaks of one behind ones back!?"
The three jumped, swivelling around to face Cloud Retainer as she stormed over, still in crane form.
"H-Hi Auntie Cloud Retainer-!" Haku mumbled, sweating.
"Hello," Dan Heng nodded.

Cloud Retainer face Zero, even as a bird, her face still carried a cynical glare.
"One thought Xiao had taken you?"
"No, he's taking me tomorrow morning," Zero informed.
Cloud Retainer hummed in response, swivelling around to look at Dan Heng's hands.
"Young one, what is that?"
"This is for you, Auntie," Dan Heng stated, holding out the bao," It's a present from Morax and I, we used your Supreme Cuisine Machine."
Cloud Retainer tilted her head, puzzling it out," Is that a goat...no, perhaps a goblin, or maybe Moon Carver?"
Dan Heng frowned," It's supposed to be Morax..."
"Ah," Cloud Retainer noticed Dan Heng's disheartened expression," O-Of course! One was foolish, one can see it now! Very clearly!"
Cloud Retainer pecked the bao whilst it was in Dan Heng's hands. Zero watched in anticipation with Haku and Dan Heng to see whether she did have the spicy one.
"Oh...oh dear..." Cloud Retainer mumbled," This..."
Cloud Retainer thrust her wings out.
"This is much too salty! Aiyaa! Does one have to teach Rex Lapis cooking!? Honestly, come young ones, I shall cook you a proper meal."