The Walk Downhill

Venus had taken to sitting beside Mars, who had been crying his heart out — overwhelmed with the guilt that wouldn't stop pouring. He didn't talk, just opting to rub circle motions on the other's back as a form of comfort.

It had been the first time he'd ever seen him cry (Stars, this was the first time he's seen anyone cry!), so he wasn't sure how to deal with this. Mars' had long since calmed down, and had taken to staring blankly at his feet, seemingly drifting in his own thoughts.

"...We should talk about this." Mars said his first coherent sentence. His voice was hoarse, but he's much more calm.

Venus stilled, he then let his hand drop and fall to his side. "Right." he said, yet he wasn't sure he wanted to.

It's a selfish thought, but Venus just wasn't ready. Unless what Earth's Moon said was true and he really did change, Venus didn't think he could look Earth in the eye and genuinely forgive him. Nor could he put up an act. Did he really want to continue being friends with an asshole?

Then he thought about the Earthlings, and now he really wasn't sure what to do. He felt bad.— Terrible, even. But there was no way he was going to let himself be a punching bag.

He told Mars this, who hummed thoughtfully.

"What if we got rid of the Earthlings?"

Venus paused and slowly turned to Mars. The other must've felt his stare, and met him dead in the eye. He didn't say anything, his blank expression told Venus he was being completely serious. The magma inside him went cold. It's like he was looking at a completely different planet.

"What?!" Venus shouted, he looked at Mars like he was crazy (because he was!). Mars didn't so much as react beyond slightly cringing away.

"They're the problem, aren't they? They're making Earth the way he is."

"You're acting like they brainwashed him..."

"That's basically what it was, right?"

"No, it's—"

"But you said it yourself."

"I didn't..."

"Well it's heavily implied."

He didn't think it was... Venus huffed in disbelief.

"Look." Mars frowned, "We might not agree on this... But we both want the same thing, don't we?— For all this drama to end."

He's still dubious, but Venus slowly nodded.

"We can forgive Earth now and live in peace, but if we let the Earthling's be, that peace won't last. Earth's still getting bothered by them and it'll be the same song and dance."

"But what about Earth? You know how big of a deal he makes of his Earthling..."

"He did the same thing with the dinosaurs once upon a time. Believe me, he'll get over it."

"..."

Mars glanced at him briefly, before taking his silence as a sign to continue. "Here's what we're going to do."

————

"Titan! This stops now." Luna shouted as he barged into a revolution meeting. The chatter stopped, and heads turned to him.

"I thought you were dead..." Titan whispered into the silence, his face pale. He was standing next to Ganymede by a blackboard detailing their plans.

"Earth's Moon is dead?" Phobos and Deimos shared a look.

"He doesn't look like a ghost to me." Phobos said.

"Yeah! He just looks like he came back from the dead." Deimos replied.