Ch 29 What's going on in his mind ?

As he ascended the stairs with her in his arms, her heart was gripped by an unfamiliar fear. Why did he bring her home so late at night? Was tonight going to be as painful as the distressing night before? The same agony? The same torture? The same coercion? Thoughts raced through her mind, quickening her breath and causing sweat to bead on her forehead.

They had now entered the room. In contrast to the morning, the room was impeccably clean, with everything in its place. Even the bedsheet, unlike yesterday, was normal today, not adorned with flowers.

Ahil gently placed her down and proceeded to the bathroom to freshen up. Observing him heading for a bath, she quipped, "Why do rich people bathe twice? I don't even bathe once.”

With her words, she rummaged through the cupboard to find a suitable nighty. Within the same cupboard, one side held Ahil's clothes, while the other side belonged to Hiya. As she searched, she discovered six nighties, all of them petite.

Her preference leaned towards modern attire, and she often embraced contemporary styles. However, the sight of Ahil's clothes left her throat dry. Disturbed by the thought, she struggled to decide on a night dress for herself when Ahil's voice echoed, "Hiya, please give me the towel!"
Reacting promptly, she replied, "Yes, just a moment!”

As Hiya handed the white towel to Ahil, his actions were swift and almost automatic. However, when she impulsively chose a black silk nighty that reached down to her knees, she found herself in a momentary gaze at Ahil, who was just coming out with a towel wrapped around him. The sight of his muscles momentarily captivated her.

Ahil, quick to notice her reaction, teasingly questioned her, "What are you staring at?" Startled, Hiya fumbled in her response, hastily averting her gaze and stammering out an apology, "So...sorry?" The unexpected exchange added a subtle layer of tension to the atmosphere, leaving them both momentarily flustered.

Ahil, with a slight smirk, retorted, "Sorry for what?" as he narrowed his eyes, looking at her.

"Uh... nothing," she struggled to answer his question. Providing an explanation seemed difficult for her. She was about to move forward, attempting to leave the awkward moment behind, when he stepped in front of her with his well-defined muscles on display, scrutinizing her closely. He questioned, "So, why were you staring at me like that?"

"No, I really didn't see your muscles, and it's not like I was thinking about touching them in my mind...!" she spoke hastily, realizing that Ahil was observing her with penetrating eyes.

"I am sorry... I won't look at you like that again," she added, lowering her gaze nervously.

As Ahil clasped her hand and placed it on his chest , then said to her,"now touch it."
After listening his sentence Hiya's heart raced. Each movement of Ahil's hand across his body sent shivers through her. Breathing became a challenge for her now.

She quickly withdrew her hand, stuttering, "I... I need to change."

About to head towards the changing room, she felt Ahil grip her hand and pull her towards him.
After all, she did not know what this person wanted.

Ahil started looking into her dark deep eyes continuously. These were the same eyes which had not let him sleep for the last 6 months and today they were in front of each other as his companion. Even though their marriage was a deal. But there was no doubt that this was the same girl. Many questions came to his mind to ask her about that night but he left them for the right time.

Here she closed her eyes out of fear due to Ahil's constant gaze. She didn't have the courage to even look up to see him.

He fixed her hair with one hand and said softly, "You will not wear this night dress."

At his words she opened her eyes with a jerk and started looking at her night suit.

Hiya, feeling a mix of nervousness and curiosity, asked Ahil, "This... this isn't a nighty. What is it?" She was afraid that Ahil might object to her wearing it, as it was quite stylish and revealing.

Releasing her hand, Ahil opened the shopper from the sofa, revealing a white transparent nighty inside. It was distinctly different from Hiya's regular nighty, and she couldn't muster the courage to ask Ahil about it.

The nighty was shockingly short, barely covering her thighs, and after putting it on, it seemed like it would reveal her entire body. Hiya was torn between wanting to impress Ahil and her own apprehensions about such a bold outfit.

Having often seen such cheap-looking but high-cost dresses on mannequins in malls and showrooms, Hiya used to wonder who would buy such dresses. Today, she had her answer – husbands like Ahil who had a taste for such extravagant purchases.

Inside, she battled her own conflicting emotions. Her desire to impress Ahil was in a fierce struggle with her self-respect. She felt like a tigress ready to pounce, with a wet cat appearance. She dared not say anything to him, especially after the previous confrontations with Utkarsh, who never let her go easily, even if it meant physical abuse.

Observing her inner turmoil, Ahil, holding the nighty, calmly said, "Go, wear it, and come back. I'm waiting." His words left imprints on her forehead, and finally, she mustered the courage to express her true feelings, "I won't wear such a cheap dress.”

"Cheap? What did you say? Cheap dress? Do you know it costs around 200 dollars, and you call this cheap? Have you ever worn such expensive clothes?" Ahil raised his eyebrows and questioned her with an intense gaze.

"Well, I'm happy with my 100-rupee top and 200-rupee jeans from Sarojini Market. I stay happy there with stylish clothes too."

"What? Do you wear clothes from such a cheap market?"

"Ch...cheap plus stylish!" she hesitated and responded.

"Okay, you won't wear them from now on because I don't like tops, jeans, and all that. You'll wear what I like, such as this dress." He forcefully handed her the transparent nighty, irritated by her defiance.

She looked at the nighty in her hand with innocence after he spoke. However, the one in front of her was also ruthless. "I won't tolerate any drama. Once said, you have to wear it. I won't listen to any more arguments."

Even after his words, she stood there for a while holding the nighty. Ahil had already changed into black night trousers and a t-shirt and was now standing there lost in his thoughts.

Seeing her still standing there, genuine anger filled him this time. "If you won't wear it, then I can make you wear it. The choice is yours... and what money have you earned? So, it's better to listen to me," he said through gritted teeth.

Hiya was deeply hurt by Ahil's final words. If he had said that he was her husband and she should listen to her husband, it wouldn't have hurt so much. A drop of tear fell from her eye, which Ahil noticed, but he remained adamant.

She stormed towards the changing room in anger, though her face showed the impact of Ahil's taunting words. She reluctantly wore the nighty.

After wearing the nighty, she spent quite some time silently shedding tears inside the changing room. Wearing such a dress and going in front of him felt like dying. Did people who bought such things only value them as toys to be treated however they pleased?