-☆ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Eɪɢʜᴛ ☆-

•●☆●•

"Wakey wakey, Bren." Vi spread a smug smile over her cheeks. Her sister grumbled.

Bren twisted her body, so her back was facing Vi. She, in return, scoffed and grabbed Brenda's sassy form, shaking her awake.

"Hey!" A hand swatted Violet's face, and she laughed.

"Goodmorning, Sis."

A creak squeaked from her left, so she turned to see Thomas leaning against the entrance to the room. 

"Got her awake yet?" He asked, his voice low and scratchy after sleep.

"Yeah. Barely." Violet's voice cracked, and she winced. Smooth.

"I heard that." Bren rose from her makeshift mattress.

They were still in Section A, although they had in fact moved away from the place they'd interrogated Marcus in. It would be reckless to stay there, as his goons would track them down.

The group did have a plan (kind of), but Newt suggested they get some sleep before they go. He'd actually insisted on it. Most of them, however, had no issue with it. The more sleep they got, the better they felt.

Vi's usual weird nightmare hadn't troubled her last night, and for that she was grateful. It was always the same, empty room. With that vent. And then she'd sense something would happen, and it ended and she woke up. It had happened multiple times now.

It annoyed her. But the strange dream was also confusing. If her mind was replaying the event over and over again, surely it was linked in some sort of way to her life. Dreams were based on reality, right?

Bren and Thomas both turned to look at her.

"What?" She blinked.

"I think they are? I don't know. Why?" Thomas replied, his expression thoughtful.

Violet's lips parted. "Huh?"

Thomas' smile switched to quizzical, and he cocked his head.

"Hello? The question you just asked?"

Vi dragged a hand down her face. Had she actually said that out loud? 

"Right. Yeah." She sighed and stared downward.

A loud yell came from the room next door, and Newt's head appeared.

"Come on, ya shanks! Time to go."

✿︎

The plan was to head back to the camp where Violet had been twice already. Where she saw Diesel originally. Jorge planned to track him from there.

Before they left, they all changed into fresh clothes. It had been way to long since she'd had a shower, but there wasn't much she could do about it.

She felt a little gross, though. Wearing new clothes without washing was kind of... ew.

She wore her boots, which Jorge had given her last year. They were light leather, and comfortable for walking long distances.