-☆ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Sɪx ☆-

•●☆●•

The sun was high in the sky when they made it to Section A. Violet was on edge - she wasn't super familiar with the area.

Her legs ached, and they had been walking for nearly five hours. Rudy's must have felt like a truckload, and she  respected him - he hadn't complained once.

Nervously, she checked that he was behind her. The sunscreen she'd given to him had worn off long ago, and his face was red and burnt. The blood on the long gash next to his eyebrow had dried, and it looked black in the sun.

The street grew busier the further they walked, and soon, people were bustling about her. Her back was screaming at her, the weight of her bags killing her shoulders.

People of all colours, sizes, and shapes rushed past her, looking stressed and worn.

A particularly burly woman pushed between her and Rudy, and Violet yelped. The woman had pressed on her bruises. The lady snarled in threat but continued walking, whatever she was doing clearly more urgent.

Vi glared at her as she strode away, when suddenly Rudy grabbed her elbow. He shook it and pointed.

"There! I saw them go in!"

Vi turned her head to see two dark figures slip into a curtained entrance. Heavy beats thumped through the air.

"Who?" She asked, frowning.

"Thomas and Bren, dummy." Rudy rolled his eyes. "C'mon, we have to follow them."

"Are you sure?" Vi tried to say, but he was already dragging her to the building.

It was tall, and the house trembled under the thumps of the base. Cheers and yells could be heard over the music.

A blonde waited outside, subtly guarding the entryway. She narrowed her eyes at the pair.

Violet gave her a fake smile, trying to portray a stupid girl wanting to dance. The woman looked her up and down.

Her tank was disgusting, dust and dirt smothering the fabric. The cargos she wore were dotted with blood.

She did not look the part she was trying to play.

Rudy batted her out the way and gave the stoned woman a few dollars.

She grinned lazily, flapping her hand in mock approval. They stumbled into party, their eyes adjusting to the dark space.

Rudy led Vi into a quieter corner.

"Plan?" He widened his eyes impatiently.

"I don't know." She hissed back. "Where'd you get that money?"

"Stole it outta your bag." He smirked back.

She scoffed.

"Asshole."

They stood, thinking. A girl with streaked mascara down her cheeks passed them, and they shared an awkward look.

"Let's split up. I'll take Thomas, you take Bren."

"Are you sure?"

"No. But it's all I have."

He exhaled and swallowed, and then nodded. The bags under his eyes were extra pronounced thanks to the dark lighting. He was obviously exhausted.

"Alright. See ya."

He clapped a hand to her shoulder and dove into the crowd . Chills prickled their way down her spine.

She dusted herself off, then searched the crowd, the sea of people blocking her view.

She ducked and strained her neck, skimming the room. The air in here was humid, and she felt woozy.