2. Athena

Risotto waited for about two hours. It was frustrating to him that this little girl just wouldn't wake up. He sighed in annoyance. He walked to her bedside again. "Hey little one, come on, wake up." He said to her caressing her hair. He noticed slight movements on her. "Dad?" Her weak voice asked. She was still half asleep. Risotto came closer and sat down on her bed. "No little one, I'm James and not your father." He said.

The small girl sighed and looked extremely saddened. "Oh." She said a little disappointed. But she hid her sadness and disappointment fast and put on a smile. "Well, I'm Athena, nice to meet you James." She said. He hummed. "Nice to meet you too, I guess." Risotto said. He looked at her, she looked happy but her eyes spoke for themselves. She was frustrated, sad, angry and depressed. Her eyes seemed a little lifeless. He sighed and sat down on her bed.

"So, how old are you little one?" He asked. She thought for a bit, I think twelve and you?" She asked curious. He chuckled. "I'm about 2.3 times your age. He said. The girl thought for a second. "So you must be around twenty eight?" She asked. He was impressed. "Yeah, twenty eight, you're right." He said, he was a little surprised that she was able calculate that fast.

"Say I have a few questions to you, that if you wouldn't mind." Risotto said. She hummed. "Sure, ask what you want to know." She said. He thought for a moment. "How long have you been in here?" He asked. She looked a little lost. "What year do we have?" She asked. He was surprised. "It's twenty twenty one." He said in a calm voice. She hummed. "Then I'm in here since six years." She said. Risotto was once again surprised. He looked at her, hoping to find some kind a sign that she had lied, but she told the truth. "That's a long time." He said. "Well, do you at least have someone here for you? He asked. She looked at him. "Someone here for me?" She asked confused.
Risotto nod. "A mother, father, sister,brother or friend, someone to support you." He said worried. He thought of the worst, considering she had called him 'dad' earlier. The girl looked at him "No, I'm alone. My parents flew to Venice after my cancer was diagnosed." She told him. He froze, his cold and emotionless voice turned off.

Risotto got angry. *Who on their right mind would let a small girl like she was and is alone.* He thought for a bit. "Forgive me if I'm intrusive, but what are your parent's names?" He asked.