It killed her.

"Fuck." Luke glanced down at his phone screen, seeing the messages from his eldest brother. "I should go. Quinn told me mom's awake."

Adi nodded with a sweet smile that made him question everything.

He turned at the door. "Hey, Ads." She cocked a brow, waiting for him to continue. "Thank you for always being a good listener."

"Anytime." She swallowed with a scrunched nose, the second that door shut, she broke. Crying and sobbing into her pillow, it was then that she knew, she'd forever be linked to that boy. Tied to him forever with an invisible string.

Luke shut the door, pausing at the sound of muffled cries. He wanted to throw her door open and hold her, comfort her, but he knew he was the reason for her pain. But he's just a boy, he doesn't understand.

So, he left, sneaking back onto his porch as he was met with Quinn, the stern look on his face made Luke falter, his head low as he walked into his home.

"Why are you so stupid sometimes?" Quinn asked,
leaning on the counter as Luke stood across from him.

"I just wanted to tell Adi about what happened. I'm sorry I snuck out." Luke apologized, staring down at the counter.

Quinn shook his head. "I'm not annoyed about you sneaking out, Luke."

"You're not?" Luke kept his brows knitted. "Then why?"

"That girl is head over heels for you. You know it, I know it, she knows it, we all do." Quinn waved his hand at his brother. "You're throwing it away for some
chick that is nothing more than a puck bunny."

Luke's face twisted with offense. "That's not true. She's cool, Quinn. Jack thinks so too."

Quinn scoffed with an eye roll. "Jack only cares about her sister and how big her tits are. He doesn't give two shits about your situation ship."

"Why are you always on Adi's side?" Luke crossed his arms over her chest.

"I'm not." Quinn rolled his lips into his mouth. "I just feel bad for her. You just went to her house to rub it in her face that you're talking to a girl."

Luke was searching for answers in his own scrambled brain. "Cause she's my best friend. That's what they're for. Why do you care so much? What, do you like her or something?"

"What if I did?" Quinn shrugged, narrowing his eyes at the curly headed boy. "What if I did, Luke? Does that bother you?"

"That's gross." His voice cracked. "She's, like, four years younger than you!"

Quinn hummed, smugly. "Just admit it. You do care."

"I don't care." Luke shook his head. "She can't dictate who I go out with, neither can I. We're even."

"Fine." Quinn backed off. "So, I guess you won't care if I go to her house and make a move, right?"

Luke had his lips parted, his fists clenching. "Don't be a jerk, Quinn. You wouldn't do that shit."

Quinn pursued his lips, fighting a smile. "Okay."

Luke watched Quinn slid his phone into his back pocket, going towards the back door. "Quinn, stop. Stop. I'm not kidding."

Quinn halted with a chuckle, glancing at his brother over his shoulder. "God, you're so gullible. What's the matter, Lukey?"

"I...I..." Luke stuttered. "Fuck off. You know what you're doing, Quinn. It's not funny either."

"What? What am I doing?" Quinn cocked a brow, challenging the younger boy.

Luke could lie to anyone, put up a wall and pretend to be someone he wasn't, but when it came to Quinn Hughes, he was see through, Quinn saw right through him. "I don't like her."

Quinn rolled his eyes, opening his mouth to speak but quickly snapping them shut as Luke continued.

"I love her." Luke swallowed. "I always have and I always will. That's what scares me, Quinn."

lukey pookie
DOUBLE UPDATE <3