"Aha..." Mark giggled. When Taeyong looked away, he immediately darted his glare at Donghyuck. "Dude you're little brother is... being a weird pervert." He reasoned. Soon, he hurried over to Taeyong and asked if he could join playing and this fortunately swept away the previous topic.

My face puckered into an exasperated look as I glanced at my best friend. I slid my thumb across my neck, a gesture that if he ever said anything alike that again, he was dead to us. Scared, he hid his face on Naomi's stomach to avoid my glare. Naomi obviously found this quite humorous too, so she couldn't suppress her laughter. But it wasn't too funny anymore when I did the same gesture to her.

Naomi gasped. "Huh? What did I do?"

I squinted my eyes. "Skipped lectures. I was by myself the entire day."

Naomi shrugged her shoulders and simpered. "You deserve to get the taste of your own damn medicine Juliane." She stuck her tongue out before reading her book again.

It was true. I was being the biggest hypocrite because I skipped lectures and abandoned Naomi more then she did. It was funny though, it felt like I was acting the exact same way Mark used to do with me back in Midtown High. Ditching people.

Soon, I left the living room and advanced my way to the kitchen.

I had one purpose of being there, but that was completely abandoned when I saw my brother.

Taeil was standing by the sink and was in the process of putting on the green apron he had. He was smiling while humming, his expression pleasant and content. Why was he always smiling? Nobody was even around. I admired people like that. It just showed a lot about a person. It was a cheerful and peaceful scene, and I felt a warm sense of comfort and contentment as I stood by the doorframe and watched.

I knocked on the wall to make my presence known.

In the wake of hearing that, Taeil's head rose up and when our eyes connected, they shined brightly like diamonds. "JM~ Oh, I didn't see you there." He acclaimed, his voice full of glee. He beckoned me into the kitchen, and I drew closer to the kitchen island, still watching him pick out ingredients from the cabinets and fridge. "I'm making your favorite. Kimchi jjigae~"

I tilted my head, my brows slightly knitted as a faint chuckle escaped my lips. "Again?"

Taeil paused his motion. He turned his head to peer at me. There was a small frown on his lips. "What? You getting tired of it?"

My hands and head immediately shook in response, this time, a nervous chuckle was heard from me. "Of course not. I'm just worried if you're getting tired of it."

Taeil looked away and continued rummaging through the cabinet. Even though he had his back on me, I could sense a smile on his face. "Whatever you enjoy, I like."

Things never change.

Ever since we were small, Taeil had always been the cook. When he noticed that our parents were barely home because of work, he figured it would be convenient if he learned how to cook. Of course not everybody was a natural in cooking. I still recalled that one morning where he entered my room with a tray of breakfast food. He was so proud of his achievement, despite most of the eggs and bacons were burnt, but I was too young to even notice so I devoured it like a monster.