09. reita toritsuka

Start from the beginning

"Woah, your house is really normal!" He exclaimed.

"He's a high schooler. What did you expect? A castle?" Also, why wasn't he wearing any shoes when he got here? Isn't that uncomfy?

"Whoops- uhm uh.. Sorry, I forgot my manners." The boy bows his head to you both, although you think it's mostly only targeted to Kusuo. 

You walk over to your brother's bed, sitting down while you listen to them talk. This was certainly new. You mean- it's not everyday you see another psychic like Kusuo, right?

Makes you wonder just how many psychics there are in the world. Who are real, anyway.

"My name is Reita Toritsuka! And it's a pleasure to meet you master! And your sister." You wave in response. The teenager grins sheepishly but it fades when he turns back over to Kusuo.

"Let's see- i'm sixteen years old...Oh- but you already knew that with telepathy right?" He questioned excitedly.

Toritsuka continued to babble on, probably not noticing that Kusuo hasn't even said a word since he got here. Also, he mentioned something about dead people?

Realization kicked in a second later. "So you're a medium?" You asked, and he nods with a smile. "Yeah! If you couldn't tell already.." 

'We can tell.'

Toritsuka raises a brow at your brother. "Wait- You can't see spirits, Master?" Kusuo  crosses his arms and his legs when he sits down on his chair. 'Not unless you're one.'

The medium chuckles, putting his hands up and placing them on his nape. "Ahh, you're lucky then. I see about fifteen ghosts in this room, right now!" 

"Huh? Isn't that too much?" You say, tone filling with suspicion. Toritsuka's eyes are pure when he puts a hand up, eagerly telling you that, "Nothing drives a crowd of spirits like a psychic! They're curious is all."

Your eyes widen, standing up straight and basically sprinting over to grab the males shoulders, surprising your brother as well. 'What-?' 

"Are you telling me they can see what we're doing?!" He suddenly grows nervosu from the contact, a pink tint dusting his pale cheeks and dark brown eyes looking away to avoid yours. "Uhh- Well, yes?"

Toritsuka points at the corner of a ceiling. "There's an old lady hanging around the corner right there, and right next to your brother is a guy slapping his cheeks in front of his face."

"Whoa wha-"

 He cuts you off. "But forget about that!" He said. "The reason I'm here is because I want to be your apprentice!"

'No but, the spirit's doing what now?' Kusuo inquired. Glancing to the side yet seeing nothing unlike what Toritsuka described, he now felt a little uneasy. 

"Don't worry, they're harmless." 

'It harms my peace of mind.' 

 "Oh, look's like he's gone now!" However, Toritsuka's mind told otherwise. It made Kusuo mentally sigh. 'You know I can hear your thoughts, right?' 

A nervous chuckle emits from the medium's throat. "Sorry, but I don't or- can't control what they do.."

"You're a psychic!"