Chapter XII - Responsibilities

Start from the beginning

'(L/n)-san isn't going to die.' Satoru tells himself. 'I won't let her. Not after she had lied to me. -- I'm going to prove to her that she doesn't have to worry about me anymore; that she doesn't have to protect me all the time.'

In minutes, you would then find Satoru using the estate's house phone. He had already put in the number, and was waiting for the designated person to answer. But he heard nothing but dials from the other end of the call. 'For now, I can't do anything but stay here, but if there's a chance that she can help instead...'

To his luck, the person that he had called answered on the first go. "Hello?"

"Yuki-san!" Satoru is beyond relieved that she did. "It's me, Satoru."

"As in the Six Eyes? This is random; who gave you my phone number?"

"You did." Satoru deadpans. "Who else would?"

"I did? Sorry, it's been a while, so I kind of just forgot."

"It's only been a month!" Satoru felt as though his patience was being tested. "I'm calling about (L/n)-san; do you know about that mission she's doing?"

"Yeah; she's going to kill all of those bounty hunters that were at that invasion at the Gojo House, right?" Satoru is taken aback by the fact that Yuki, did in fact, know about the situation at hand.

"Are you not going to help her?" Satoru anticipates. "You don't think that something...bad will happen to her?"

"She insisted that I didn't go with her." Yuki says simply. "I had no reason to initiate an argument, so I just went with her choice."

"No reason...?" Satoru heard nothing but absurdity. "But you DO have a reason! You told me that (L/n)-san was the reason why you wanted change the jujutsu world! You know that she'll get hurt! Why aren't you doing anything, when you, of people, have ALL the more reason to do something to stop her?!"

"Satoru." The stern tone of her voice forces Satoru to recollect himself. "I stayed behind because of you. (Y/n) told me that she had wanted someone to help you with your training while she was gone; whether or not she thought she was going to come back dead or alive doesn't even matter, because at the end of the day, you're going to replace her." Satoru's grip on the phone tightens. "That would mean there's more a priority to make sure you're alive and well, above her own well being; not because the higher-ups are telling her to, but because she wants to. It's her own choice. And all I can do is respect it; you can't pester someone to think the same way as you do. It's just not possible."

"Yuki-san..." Satoru's anger only worsens by the second. "Are you saying that...it's my fault I drove (L/n)-san away?"

"As much as I want to deny it...there really is no question that that's the case..." 

"That's stupid!" Satoru isn't even thinking when he says this. "Why can't there be two sorcerers that are both the strongest? Wouldn't that be better for the higher-ups either way?! Why are they trying to get rid of (L/n)-san in the first place?!"

"You already know the answer to that that, Satoru." Yuki remains calm on her end of the call. "She's trying to change the jujutsu world that the higher-ups themselves had created; it's all about authority, and the higher-ups want to preserve that, so that they can continue the traditions that go all the way back to the ancient times. The same traditions that implement your fate to be the head of the Gojo Clan, as well as the next big thing to the strongest...and the same traditions that force us sorcerers to exterminate each cursed spirit and cursed user that threatens humanity."