Chapter V - The Week Before

[3 Months Later - One Week Before the Invasion]

"We're already going back?" Satoru is saddened to learn that he and (Y/n) would be leaving their training grounds later tonight. He helplessly watches (Y/n) pack the last of her things, well aware that convincing her was easier said than done, even when he says, "But, we still have a week left! It didn't take us long to even get here through train, so we could always leave the night before the invasion!"

"We don't need to stay here anymore." (Y/n) says simply, sending him a confident look that only worries Satoru even more, "There's no point."

"But we can train a bit more!" Satoru emphasizes, "We still have time! -- Maybe you can train me some more before we go back--"

"Training some more won't help any." (Y/n)'s reassuring smile does the opposite in lessening Satoru's concerns, "We've done all we could do in these past six months. Now we just wait for the big day to come. You're incredibly young to be fighting at all, Satoru. Your body will need proper rest back at home. Believe me, it'll be significant in your preparations for the upcoming fight."

Satoru goes quiet for the next few minutes, wondering why someone as cautious as (Y/n) would suddenly decide to approach the situation more calmly. He first assumes it's her cockiness, but had that been the case, she would've been gloating, and that definitely wasn't the case. So he's now skeptic of what (Y/n)'s intentions were in returning to Tokyo, seven days before the invasion.

"(L/n)-san--" (Y/n) looks at Satoru when she's called out to him, "Do you really think we have a chance to beat all those bounty hunters?" The two stare at each other, the silence causing the poor boy to remain confused.

"Come on, what's with that question all of a sudden?" (Y/n) neglects the luggage she was using to pack her stuff so that can she tend to her worry-wart of a student, "Let's not worry about that right now. We've got seven days. What's so wrong with kicking back for a little while? -- Besides, I didn't necessarily say we had to go back to the Gojo House."

Satoru quickly understood what (Y/n) implied, "Then, we're going to Jujutsu Tech?"

"No. Yaga-sensei doesn't even know we're leaving early." (Y/n) hovers a finger over her lips as she winks, "We're just going to bend the rules a bit. I have my own place at Tokyo, so we'll just stay there until the have to return to the Gojo House, before the invasion."

A smile appears on Satoru's face, "Really? I don't have to go back to the Gojo Clan just yet?"

(Y/n) nods in reaffirmation, "Yeah." She ruffles a hand into his silver-colored hair as she asks rhetorically, "What kind of teacher would I be if I sent you back to the one place you can't stand? -- We're just going to kick back while we have what remains of our time. Don't worry. You trust me, don't you?"

"Yeah..." Though he wouldn't be going back to his family, Satoru's anxiety still resided within him. He noticed that (Y/n) had avoided answering his question, regarding the outcome of the upcoming battle that would determine, not only his fate, but the fate of the jujutsu community as well.

"Oh, that reminds me." (Y/n) nearly forgets to retrieve the box she had hidden underneath her bed, "I almost forgot to give you this." She gestures the box to Satoru, "I asked Jujutsu Tech to make you a uniform."

Satoru's face is now plastered with eagerness, "A uniform?!" He accepts the box with no second thought, "Just like yours?"

"Well, I customized it a little bit." As (Y/n) mentions this, Satoru had already open the lid of the box. She watches him unfold the uniform jacket, the first clothing item that he sees, revealing the short-sleeved jacket that had a high-collared that was similar to what (Y/n)'s uniform jacket looked like, "I made it a short-sleeve to make it easier for you to move. I made the pants loose, too. It'll be your first fight as a jujutsu sorcerer, so you'll need to go all out."