"For your pure heart, I will reward you. Come closer, Perseus Jackson. Brave and noble soul, come here." Ladon speaks.

I walk up until I'm right in front of him. He could easily kill me now. "Why aren't you killing me?" I ask.

"Because you are a rare being. To ask for death, the highest price to pay in ones life, and only because of something that should never have happened to one such as you. And yet, you pay more by granting others a wish they have no right to ask of you. I will give you my blessing. Perhaps it will help you." Ladon says.

"Rare being? What do you mean by that?" I ask stunned.

"Come, sit with me by the tree." Ladon walks back over and wraps around the tree he is guardian of. I sit next to him and he drags me closer so I'm leaning against him. "Never before has one such as you existed. It is why you are the most powerful. It makes you the most vulnerable. Sleep hero and when you wake, your burdens will be lifted and your wounds will be healed. You will be brand new."

The Hesperides come forward one by one and place a hand on my forehead, each time I glow a deep violet color. They start singing to me and my eyes flutter to a close. The song lulling me into the first peaceful sleep since I was twelve.

My eyes peel open slowly and I look down to see I am outfitted in a violet cloak, dark blue shirt, and white hunting pants like the hunters silver ones. My blackened skin is gone and I can use my left arm once again. I'm still laying against Ladon and he stirs as I do. I glow a venom green when he looks at me.

"You have now been blessed by five beings of power. The Hesperides all increased your ability over the sea and I increased all of your speed, strength, and intelligence attributes. You may now enter the garden whenever you wish. No need to wait for sunset." Ladon tells me. "You are also immune to poison, all kinds of it. And if it's new, my blessing will accustom to it and make you impervious to it. You can even utilize poison as a weapon. Your blood carries both sea and poison in it. Your blood itself is a defense, but only if you feel you are in danger or want it to be. But do not tell the gods of our blessings. Not unless they figure it out on their own. Or if you are bound to one of them you may reveal it."

"How did you heal me?" I ask tiredly and curl up against him.

"I did not, it was the Hesperides who healed you for your golden heart and now I will present you with a gift you have rightly earned." Ladon says and shakes the tree. A golden apple falls right into my hands and I drop it immediately.

"I cannot take it. And besides, I'll be killed for not following my oath. Not that I don't mind dying, but still. I'd rather die from battle wounds than because I accidentally broke an oath." I say, woken up now that the reminder of my oath flashed through my brain.

Small hands pick up the apple and put it back in my hands. "Ladon is willingly giving it to you. It is not breaking your oath." The youngest Hesperide smiles sweetly at me.

"But I do not know what to do with it." I frown at the golden skinned apple.

She looks at me quizzically. "Don't you want immortality? Most heroes don't skip that chance."

"I once gave up godhood for love. Now she's cast me out. I'm not the kind of person to go accepting immortality anyway, especially now. There's no one left to be loyal to." I look kindly at the apple.

"What about your friends and family?" The eldest Hesperide and her two other sisters appear behind the youngest.

"My mortal family...they don't want me. Olympus still has its children and my friends can go on without me. I am not needed. My purpose has long run out." I hang my head and hold out the apple.