Chapter 2

JJ actually couldn't believe his eyes right now...

The last thing he was expecting was for her to actually let him come closer to her. I mean he was basically a stranger to her but the only thing this confirmed was that the Kiara he knew was still in there and he was not about to stop until he brought her out.

In a way, this feels like Kitty Hawk all over again but at least this time Kiara is telling me to come to her and not to stay back. I'd be lying if I said those words still didn't ring in my head sometime. I need this to go in the right direction, I need her to understand why I'm doing this and that I'm not going to hurt her...

I couldn't imagine ever hurting her...

I haven't been able to hold her

I haven't been able to hug her

I haven't been able to do our handshake with her

I haven't been myself without her

Everything goes back to her and I hope I can get that through her head.

As I'm looking up at her, her skin is glowing softly in the moonlight. I can tell she's nervous because she was fidgeting with the bracelet on her arm so I know I have to go about this delicately...god she looks beautiful.

With every step he took he only got more nervous, he was lucky his knees didn't give out midway while crossing the street. He was sweating a lot and he couldn't tell if it was because of nervousness or because of the summer heat, either way he needed to pull himself together.

"H-hey Kiara"

How the fuck did I manage to stutter there?

Kiara just stood there, hesitant to speak. Even though her heart told her to let him come closer to her, her head was telling her that she was still scared of him and that he should stay as far away from her as possible.

You know that phrase people say about bugs, that apparently they're more afraid of you than you are of them, this is what this feels like.

I'm scared out of my mind right now but I can tell that he's feeling the exact same way and that little stutter of his confirmed it to me.

Normally I'm not one to do this but I have so many unanswered questions that my parents aren't telling me and he seems to maybe have the answers...I just hope I don't regret any of this.

"What are you doing here?"

God that sounded like vomit

"Oh so I was just out for a little stroll and uh..."

Kiara gave him a look that shut him up mid sentence, her left eyebrow conked up, her head tilted to the side and JJ could tell she was smelling the bullshit from way down where he was standing.

"Okay, okay you got me" his voice went up an octave and he couldn't stop adjusting his pants as he paced around her yard.

"I'm here because I felt like I needed to be here. I didn't know why but considering how my gut wasn't letting me go to sleep and you just so happened to be outside at the exact same, coincidence? I think not, I rest my case" he playfully bowed down hoping to ease the tension between them. He then heard a small giggle escape her mouth.

God I have missed that sound more than anything...

He felt a huge sense of satisfaction getting that out of her but things only got better afterwards.