Picking A Successor

Start from the beginning

"How could I forget? I thought I'd never make it to the top." Po says as he collapses on the steps.

"Yes but you persevered and once again destiny calls for you to take the next step on your journey." Shifu says.

"Next step? What are you talking about? I've already taken all the steps. Haven't I?" Po asks.

"It is time for you to choose your successor." Shifu says.

"His successor?" Alexis asks in surprise.

"My successor for what?" Po asks.

"He means your successor as the Dragon Warrior Po. The same as Oogway did with you as his successor and you'll move on to taking the position of Spiritual advisor and leader of the Valley of Peace." Alexis says as she looks at Po.

"That's right my dear." Shifu says.

"Are you serious Master Shifu? I'm not gonna be the Dragon Warrior anymore?" Po asks in surprise.

"Exactly. And just like Oogway as an advisor you'll look over the valley and inspiring wisdom and hope." Shifu says as the group makes it to the top of the stairs.

"Look I appreciate the promotion and all but I think I'm just gonna stick with the whole Dragon Warrior thing." Po says.

"Dragon Warrior thing? What is that you're holding?" Shifu asks.

"A cookie?" Po asks as he holds up his cookie.

"Other hand." Shifu says.

"The Staff of Wisdom." Po says.

"It was given to you by Master Oogway. Do you really think it was so you can open a restaurant or take pictures?" Shifu asks annoyedly.

"He wasn't super specific." Po says.

"Oogway trusted you with that staff so you could become something better than you already are." Shifu says.

"You take it." Po says as he holds out his staff to Shifu.

"No. Oogway did not give it to me. Even if that is not my destiny which I have accepted and am at peace with this is an honor. Oogway chose you as his successor and now you must choose yours." Shifu says.

"Master Shifu I've finally found something I'm good at and now you want to take it away from me?" Po asks in shock.

"No one is taking anything away from you Po. Who you are will always be a part of you and what you become." Shifu says.

"Yeah but where's the skadoosh? I don't want to seem ungrateful but I don't know anything about inspiring wisdome or passing on hope. All I know is how to kick butt." Po says as he punches the air.

"You were chosen to bring peace to the valley and there are other ways to bring peace then simply kicking butt." Shifu says.

"He's right you know. Always is." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Yeah but there's not any fun ways. Please! Being the Dragon Warrior is all I know. It's who I am." Po says pleadingly.

"Not anymore! The Valley of Peace needs a spiritual leader and Master Oogway chose you! You'll start interviewing candidates first thing in the morning." Shifu says.

"Candidates? What candidates?" Po asks nervously.

"Likely ones Shifu has picked out. Good luck Po. You'll need it." Alexis says as she walks off after Shifu leaves.

*Timeskip*

Later as Alexis is by the peach blossom trees she hears Po and Shifu walk over.

"Hey Po. So who'd you end up picking?" Alexis asks.

"He didn't choose anyone. Like it or not Po you have to choose a successor." Shifu says.

"Nothing about them says Dragon or Warrior." Po says as he is eating a peach.

"And you do? I mean come on Po. No offense but glancing at you for the first time we didn't think you'd end up staying on as the Dragon Warrior. You're not exactly the image of what you'd expect a Dragon Warrior to look like either." Alexis says.

"Alexis!" Shifu says scoldingly.

"Sorry. Couldn't help myself." Alexis says.

"Meh. No worries. I mean you are correct." Po says.

"You will know Po when you will know." Shifu says.

"How will I know when I know? Ya know?" Po asks.

"You know when I need answers I come here and ask the universe. The same as I have instructed my daughter to do." Shifu says.

"I'm not conflicted. I'm just not ready for a next step." Po says as he leans on the peach tree.

"What is that you're holding?" Shifu asks.

"The Staff of Wisdom?" Po asks.

"Other hand." Shifu says.

"A chewed up peach pitt?" Po asks as he holds up the peach pitt.

"Exactly. Every pitt eventually becomes a great tree." Shifu says.

"Uh how is this gonna help me find answers?" Po asks confusedly.

"Don't ask me. Ask the universe. Come Alexis." Shifu says as he leaves.

"Don't worry Po. You'll figure it out. Just takes a bit of time I guess." Alexis says as she smiles at Po.

"Thanks Alexis." Po says as he smiles at Alexis.

"You're welcome." Alexis says before she leaves.

*Timeskip*

Later as Alexis is walking toward the Jade Palace she soon stops as Po comes over running.

"Po are you alright?" Alexis asks concernedly.

"Alexis someone is breaking into the Jade Palace Hall of Heroes. Come on!" Po says as he and Alexis run off.