username who is ur album abt
— view all replies
username its so obviously abt adrian
username idk some things dont match up🤷

username the umich boys are here and luke isnt😭😭

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"so, have you talked to luke yet?" lexie's best friend, cole, asked as they walked to his apartment from a nearby park. lexie was holding his dog's, mila, leash as the dog walked happily ahead of them.

"uh, no? why would i do that?" she furrowed her brows, looking at mila to avoid looking into her friends eyes.

"you exasperate me sometimes" he sighed, going as far as to run his hands through his face.

"you sure you know the meaning of that? it's a really big word" she teased, earning herself a push from him.

"you need to talk to him"

"no i don't. besides, i told him to leave me alone" lexie shrugged her shoulders evasively, giving the impression that she didn't care too much, but cole knew she did.

"i don't think you meant it that way" he mumbled, looking at the trees as a thoughtful expression crossed his face.

"i think i did. i remember i specifically said 'luke, i can't do this anymore. leave me alone' in those exact words" she recited, able to repeat the phrase she used given it had been running on her mind for weeks.

cole just sighed again, though less dramatically than before, as he gently tugged the leash from her hand "i think you needed a breather, from your situation"

"are you saying i was in a situationship with him?" she gasped, an offended look crossing over her face. in realness, she knew it had been. it only ever happened when they were in the same city which wasn't often and luke refused to have any sort of emotional connection, sometimes. so yeah, it was a situationship.

"no! actually yeah. you guys kinda were" he agreed, nodding absentmindedly "anyway, i don't think you meant it in a 'i don't ever want to talk to you' way" he explained, his shoulders heavy with the burden of knowing her better than she knew herself. on occasions it was great but in instances like this, it stressed him out to no end.

"i mean, at least i'm not sad anymore and i'm not worrying about everything and crying" she said as she looped her arm with his, leaning her head on his shoulder comfortably.

"but you're angry" cole stated, causing lexie to furrow her brows gently in confusion.

"about what?"

"how it ended"

"i don't really wanna talk about this" she sighed, closing her eyes for a moment as her mind went overdrive with thoughts she really didn't want to have. if she ignored the problem, it would eventually go away.

"okay, i'm sorry" he whispered, hugging her body to his with an arm around her shoulders, his other hand holding mila's leash.

"no, it's okay. it's just complicated" she shrugged in a self deprecating way. everything luke related made her feel bad. it was just too complicated.

cole suppressed his sigh to avoid making her feel worse than she already did, leaning his head on top of hers "changing the subject, turns out we play against the ducks tomorrow, i didn't remember"

lexie jumped from her position, jumping in the balls of her feet excitedly "oh my god! jamie's coming! trevor will be so pissed!"

"yeah, you wanna stay over?" cole smiled in amusement.