"You're an asshole." Takeisha told him, walking out of the room.

"I've gotta go."

Before I could walk out, my cousin grabbed my arm tightly.

"Do not ..."

"I've gotta go." I growled, pulling out of his grasp.

I didn't look at any of my sisters-in-law as I walked out of the house. My keys were in the mailbox, and grabbing them felt like an arrow straight to my heart. I fucked up, and I have to figure out how to fix it. Despite what my sisters-in-law believe, I do love her, I love her with everything I have in me. Desperately, I jumped in my car and took off for my place. My hopes were dashed when I opened the garage door, and her car was already gone. I sat in the living room, blowing up her cell phone, and she did not reply to any of my calls or text messages.

I did this, so I don't blame her for leaving. If she heard the entire conversation, and I believe she did, she saw my resignation. She saw that I didn't fight for her. She saw me be a coward, and that's what I'm most ashamed about, is that she saw me not fight for her. Karina has always gone to bat for me, has always been there to back me up, and I failed her. She's probably at her sister's house or at Marie's house, her best friend. If I show up there, I'll just be making things worse, what could I possibly say?

For a week, I was on autopilot. Woke up, went to work, did what I was told, came home, sleep, and repeat. I called her every day, texted her every day, and sent her flowers every day after confirming she was in her sister's house. I couldn't bring myself to actually going to see her but I couldn't.

After that week, the twins ambushed me in my house and basically forced me to get up and go to a family dinner at my parent's house. They're gonna have questions that I don't have an answer to.

One thing I've been doing a lot this week is watching the people around me, and watching my family. Roman was so happy with my work when I was most miserable, that says a lot about him. The twins were worried about me, I could see it on their faces. We've always been a close family but is he really taking advantage of us? With the things I've noticed this week, I think he is.

"Come on, Uce." The twins chorused when the car stopped.

"Yeah, right." I sighed, rubbing my hands over my face.

"Have you heard from her, man?" Josh asked.

"Nope, she hasn't blocked me but she's still not answering me." I told him.

"That woman loves you, uce. What she heard was rough but she does love you." Jon said.

"I don't deserve her love." I sighed, following them inside.

"Don't say that, bro, you just gotta figure out how to go about talking to her. You've gotta grovel." Josh said,

"I've gotta get her to listen to me first." I told them.

As soon as we walked out back, we saw my parents, Roman's parents, my other siblings and their significant others, Roman and the kids, but Galina isn't here. Roman just smirked at me, and I was overcome by the desire to knock that smirk off of his face. We said hi to the elders, and my mom looked around me, her smile dropping as Galina walked in with Trinity. The smirk on Roman's face did fall when his wife didn't even acknowledge him.

"Wait a minute, where's Nadia?" My mother asked.

"She's ...." Roman started to say.

"Your nephew decided to kick her out of the family, and your son didn't fight for her." Galina said, shocking everyone.

"What do you mean? What is she talking about?" My aunt asked her son, who was glaring at his wife.

"She doesn't mean ..."