"I couldn't." he told him, telling the truth as his eyes scan the few items in the freezer. "we need to go to the store though. wanna come wit' me?"

"I would but I got stuff to do. I don't got no money right now, neitha'. you mind payin' for me? I'll pay you back." xavier huffed in frustration before closing the door to the freezer, feeling his appetite disappear in an instant.

xavier didn't mind paying, but he surely wasn't paying for any grocery after he kept him up all night. if anything, he was tempted to let him starve and figure things out himself.

living with cameron was already causing him more problems than he could handle, and it hadn't been a full month. his top priority was to move out as soon as possible, even if he had to spend the little he had left in his account.

"you need me to drop you off at work today?"

"not goin', but thanks." he declined.

with how thing were going in the place he slept in, xavier couldn't work. running up and down in a restaurant, trying to serve plates off of an hour or less of sleep wasn't something he was going to put himself through. he had done it before in the past, he definitely wasn't going to do it again.

cameron went back into the room, and so did xavier. xavier constantly checked his phone for a reply to the message he sent angel the night before, but there was no reply. he definitely planned on stopping by her place before the day was over with to check on her.

"hey, you hungry?" cameron's girlfriend asked, making xavier look up at her as she stood in the doorway.

"no." he responded, and she asked again, getting the same, dry response from him.

"what's wrong witchu?"

he didn't answer, causing her to grow irritated. she rolled her eyes and walked away. xavier sighed as he plopped down into the bed, tired and irritated. he just hoped that they wouldn't piss him off the rest of the day because at this rate, he was ready to blow on anyone at any given moment.

 he just hoped that they wouldn't piss him off the rest of the day because at this rate, he was ready to blow on anyone at any given moment

"hold still, boy." angel said with frustration evident in her voice, repositioning darius' head as he sat infront of her on the floor, in between her legs as she attempted to braid his hair.

"this shit hurt, man."

she shook her head and continued braiding, pushing darius' head down as he flinched every few seconds.

angel was finally home and somewhat relaxing after a hectic schedule that consisted of running back and forth. with her boss coming back into town after a lengthy vacation, and taking care of other things, she was worn out. all she wanted to do was sit with her baby, coco, and spend time with xavier. she did feel some sort of guilt for not reaching out to him, so the guilt did cause her to push away from him. she just hoped that he had no harsh feelings towards her.