eight ♡

The time during dinner flew by, Celine and Élisa talked about absolutely everything. The defender noticed that Celine was ignoring some messages on her phone and even calls, suspecting they were from Hervé since she caught a glimpse of the last name, but she didn't want to ask why she was ignoring him.

"Are you sure you don't want another drink?" Celine asked, as she was determined to go for her fifth drink. After finishing dinner, they wanted to keep talking, so they sat at the bar of the same restaurant. It seemed like a nightclub as the music was a bit louder, but both were enjoying the atmosphere. She felt the alcohol taking hold of her, but she was still conscious.

"I'm good, thank you," Élisa said. "I'm already about to pass the limit recommended by our nutritionist, so I'm fine."

Celine started to laugh.

"It must be tough being a footballer, right?" she asked.

"You have to be very disciplined," Élisa said, "but since it's always been my dream, I enjoy it a lot."

Celine felt the impact of the fifth drink quickly. She began to appreciate every movement Élisa made while talking, her face looked extremely smooth, her eyes bright and challenging at the same time, the provocative smile she flashed every time she laughed, and something Celine couldn't help was that her eyes also wandered to Élisa's strong arms.

"It's obvious that you really like it," said Celine, resting her head on her hand.

"Why do you say that?" Élisa asked, leaning closer to her ear due to the loud music.

"Because of the way you talk about it," said Celine, chuckling, "and besides... for some reason, my TikTok algorithm focused on you, so now I get edits made by your fans, let me tell you that you have a lot of fans."

Élisa started to laugh shyly.

"I know which ones you mean," she said, smiling. "They're usually clips of me getting angry during games."

"Yes," said Celine, laughing, "those are the ones. They make you look a bit... aggressive."

Élisa looked at her intently.

"Maybe I am," she said, "but just a little."

Their conversation was interrupted by the bartender, who brought a complimentary drink sent to Celine by a man.

"No, thank you," Celine said to the waiter, a little tipsy from the alcohol.

Celine was the kind of woman who attracted the attention of all men when she entered a place; she was used to being flirted with, so she knew how to respond. Their conversation continued, but it was interrupted again, this time by the handsome man who had sent the drink that Celine declined.

"So difficult, huh?" the man said, inserting himself between the two, as if Élisa wasn't there. "The waiter told me you turned down the drink. Can I know why?"

Celine was used to rejecting gifts, drinks, and all those kinds of things, but she never knew how to act when someone confronted her. It made her nervous and a little tense because if you made a wrong move or if you crossed paths with the wrong person, everything could end in disaster.

"I'm already having one," she replied kindly. "Thank you."

"You can finish it," the man said, "and then have mine with me."

From the moment that man came between them, Élisa became annoyed, but it was only with this insistence that she decided it was prudent to act.

"She's telling you no," she said. "Don't you understand?"