How it all began

Hyunjin was sitting on the clouds. Quite literally. His beautiful white wings spread behind, his feather slightly rustling in the wind.

He closed his eyes to enjoy the sun, and softly smiled at the familiar warmth of it. He heard the soft rustling of feather beside him and opened his eyes.

“Jinnie!” A soft but excited voice said. “Look what I made you!” The freckled Angel sat on his knees and opened both his hands to reveal a beautiful flower crown. Roses, Lilies and Daisies were perfectly entangled with each other, a golden string finishing it.

“Wow, it’s beautiful.” Hyunjin said, completely in awe of the creation. Really carefully he stretched out his hand to touch the fragile petals of the flowers. His smile grew wider.

“It’s for you!” The Angel smiled. Hyunjin looked up in surprise.
“What?” He chuckled. “No! You should give them to a higher Angel! I’m sure they’ll love it.” He said. He did really want the flower crown, but the Angel had been a bit rebellious lately so pleasing the higher Angels with a thoughtful gift wouldn’t do him any harm.

The bright smile didn’t disappear from the Angel’s face. “No!” He said, almost proudly. “I made it for you.”

Without further hesitation the sunny Angel placed the crown gently on Hyunjin’s head.
“It looks beautiful on you.” He said in awe. Hyunjin hid his face.
“Geez you’re making me blush.” He joked. The Angel beside him laughed.

Suddenly the two went quiet. “Yongbok?” Hyunjin said carefully. The Angel beside him hummed in response.
“You didn’t descend to the earth yet again right? You’re not allowed to and you know it.”

Yongbok kept quiet.

Hyunjin sighed. He moved closer to the Angel, who was shamefully looking down on his lap.
He carefully draped his arm around the other Angel, who immediately leaned in into the gentle touch.

“He was hurt.” Yongbok suddenly said. His voice was shaky. “He begged me to do it.” The Angel started sniffling.
“Yongbok…” Hyunjin softly caressed the other’s hair.
“Don’t call me that. I hate the name.” Yongbok sobs.

“Well I love it.” Hyunjin stated. Yongbok let out a wet chuckle.

“Yongbok… What did you do?” Hyunjin sighed. Yongbok avoided the other’s eye contact.
“He was suffering.” Yongbok said softly. Hyunjin’s concern grew.

“Yongbok. What did you do?” He asked sternly. Yongbok sighed.
“I put him out of his misery.” He said calmly. Hyunjin froze. “Felix.”

Yongbok looked up in surprise. Despite the fact he preferred that name he had never heard Hyunjin call him by it.

“Yes?” He asked. He knew he was in trouble.
“I-“ Hyunjin wanted to tell how stupid he’d been. He wanted to tell him that he’d made a huge mistake. But seeing the teary and panicky eyes of the other made him soften. 

“If something happens.” He gulped. He looked the other in the eyes. Yongbok looked confused. He had no idea what the other was onto, and it was starting to worry him.

“If something happens I’ll take the blame.” He said confidently.

Yongbok jumped up. His feet landed on the soft, wet cloud.
“You can’t do that.” He said shakily. Hyunjin chuckled and looked down on his lap.

“Hyunjin, you’re practically God’s favourite.” Yongbok choked up. Hyunjin quickly rose from his seating position and faced the other now crying Angel.

“So what?” Hyunjin hadn’t even realised he had started crying too. The flower crown slowly shifted on his head, though it kept its place.

“Lucifer used to be too.” Hyunjin choked up. Yongbok shook his head in disbelief. “He used the be the most beautiful, kind, and fair Angel amongst them. And look where he is now.”

Yongbok stepped forwards and took Hyunjin’s hands in his. “No. Hyunjin please.” He begged. “It’s my fault. Don’t take the blame.” He cried even harder. “I won’t let you, dammit!”

Hyunjin wiped his cheeks. “Yongbok. I’ll be fine.”
“Hyunjin!” Yongbok called out desperately. “God will know it was me!”
“But when was the last time he actually did something?” Hyunjin yelled frustrated. “Only God will know and he won’t do anything.”

Felix slapped a hand in front of Hyunjin’s mouth. “He’ll hear you.” He whispered. Hyunjin didn’t care anymore.
“Yongbok.” He sobbed. “Why didn’t you listen to me?”

Felix looked to the ground shamefully. “He was suffering.”
“Thousands of people are suffering! You can’t just put all of them out of their misery!” Hyunjin yelled frustrated.

“I was his guardian Angel.” Yongbok said.
“You were supposed to guard him!” Hyunjin yelled. He wasn’t mad at the younger Angel. He was mad that destiny had to pick him, not a less innocent Angel.

“I’m not going to let you take the blame.” Yongbok said. He looked up from the ground and met his teary eyes with Hyunjin’s. His eyes said that he was determined to take the blame himself.

“Yongbok.” Hyunjin let his voice soften. “Why…”
Yongbok didn’t hesitate to move forward and embrace the taller Angel in a tight hug.

Hyunjin immediately wrapped his arms around the other. He nuzzled his teary face in the other’s neck. “It’s going to be OK.” He sobbed. “I promise.”

Yongbok just hummed in response. Hyunjin pulled away from the hug and grabbed the other Angel’s face to connect their lips. He pulled away and looked in the other’s not so surprised eyes.

“Jinnie, somebody could see us.” Yongbok giggled. Hyunjin just took the other in a tight embrace again and sprinkled the other’s face with feathery kisses.

“Let them see.” He said. Yongbok chuckled softly.
“I missed this.” He whispered. Hyunjin pulled away and looked the other in the eyes.

He noticed the tears in the other’s eyes. “Hey hey hey.” He immediately wiped away the tears that had fallen previously in an attempt to stop the newer ones from falling. “You’re going to be OK. I promise.” He said. “Worst case scenario you’ll get a slap on the back of the head, right?” He joked.

But they both knew it wasn’t true. Descending to earth without permission would already gain you a hard slap on the back of the head, but what Yongbok had done…

“Hyunjin, Michael and Gabriel want to see you.” A small girl approached them. She looked somewhere in her early teens. Without any shame or second though Hyunjin pressed a quick peck on Yongbok’s lips and pulled away from their embrace. The girl wasn’t going to tell anyone anyway.

“Mila, how are you doing?” He ruffled her hair.
“God, stop treating me like I’m seven.” She grunted.
“To me you’ll always stay young.” Hyunjin smiled.
“Quite literally.” Mila mumbled. “Anyway Gabriel said it was urgent.” Hyunjin nodded.

He turned towards the freckled Angel and smiled. “I’ll talk to you later, alright?” He said. The other nodded and gave the taller a sweet smile.

After ruffling Mila’s hair one more time he finally walked away.

Part two will come soon~