Chapter 17: Smile!

Start from the beginning

Misao stopped at a distance to look. She felt hesitant to go and talk to Ibuki. He seemed to enjoy it, and she did not want to ruin his mood by telling him about her sleepless night. As she was about to turn back, Ibuki waved at her and called her out, "Misao, come here!"

Misao rushed to Ibuki and greeted him. Ibuki laughed and replied, "You look dead! Are you alright?"

Misao gave him a side eye and replied, "Um, why are you laughing at my condition? I wasn't able to sleep all night. You!"

"I am sorry, but it seems my life story has haunted you at night." Ibuki giggled.

Misao replied, "You aren't bothered by this?"

Ibuki stayed silent but with a smile on his face. Misao grabbed the ball lying on the sand and forwarded it to Ibuki, "Let's play."

Ibuki took the ball and stood a few paces away. He threw the ball at Misao, and she caught it. They began to play. Misao was somewhat surprised that Ibuki was not worried that she had been affected by his story. He took it lightly, but then he was not to be blamed. He told her it would happen, but she still listened to the story.

Uno was watching them from afar, standing near a small juice shop. He leaned against the beam of the shop while drinking juice. He was approached by Youra, and she asked, "What are you looking at so keenly? By the way, have you seen Joon-Woo?"

Uno sighed and turned to her, "Nothing. And I don't know where he is."

"Never mind." Youra sat on a chair nearby and relaxed. Uno was done drinking and was about to leave before he decided to ask Youra, "Does Misao like Ibuki?"

Youra opened her eyes lazily and replied, "Have no idea. She is very friendly with him. But I see that coming from her nature. She is always like that."

Uno paused to think. He did not want that answer. He wanted to know in detail what Misao felt, not an explanation as to how she treated Ibuki. He then replied to Youra, telling her he hadn't gotten what he sought. He then asked her, "Why doesn't Ibuki go for some sort of therapy? Misao is not someone to go to if you want to fix your mental turmoil."

At this remark, Youra jerked up irritatingly with a frown. Uno's point wasn't welcomed by her, and she rebuked, "Have you ever noticed the cost of therapy?! For someone who can barely manage his daily expenses, you want him to go to therapy. Have you lost your mind or something? And why does it bother you whether he goes for therapy or not? It is none of your business!!"

Youra left Uno and went looking for Joon-Woo. She found him trying to build a sand structure near the rocky shore. She went there and said, "I was looking for you."

Joon-Woo looked up at her, staring through his black sunglasses. He smirked and replied, "Aw! So sweet!"

"What is so sweet about that?" Youra frowned.

"Come, help me."

Youra sat down and placed her head on Joon-Woo's shoulder. She said, "Let's have lunch together somewhere. There is a lovely hotel down from here."

Joon-Woo realised something was bothering Youra as she would never propose lunch with him, especially with Misao.

"Something wrong?" he asked.

"No."

"Do not lie."

"I hate Uno."

"Where did that come from?" Joon-Woo asked surprisingly.

Youra looked back at him, "I do not want to say."

Joon-Woo did not pester her anymore, realising she was feeling irritated.