Happiness and Fulfillment

Start from the beginning

You laughed and motioned for them to come inside. "He's the best," you replied sincerely.

Riley bounded up to Kyle, jumping up and licking his face enthusiastically. "You missed me, bud? You gonna see me around a lot more," Kyle laughed, scratching behind Riley's ears as he wagged his tail happily.

Simon emerged from the room and greeted the boys. You watched fondly as they moved over to the couch to catch up. Meanwhile, you busied yourself in the kitchen, arranging the pastries you had baked the day before onto a plate. With a satisfied smile, you carried the plate over to the table and set it down.

"Oh, y/n, ya spoil us," Johnny remarked, his eyes lighting up as he reached for a pastry and took a bite.

"Yer have any friends who bake as well as you do?" he asked between bites.

You laughed, shaking your head. "I don't really have friends, but my coworker makes some mean cookies. I could hook you up with her if you don't mind that she's in her fifties."

"Give me her number, lass. I don't mind milfs," Kyle laughed, patting Johnny's back as he nodded eagerly.

You laughed and shook your head as you made your way back to the kitchen to pour some tea. After pouring the tea into mugs, you carried the tray back to the table, where Kyle wasted no time in grabbing a cup.

Smiling, you settled down on the single sofa next to them, enjoying the warmth of their company. The conversation flowed easily as you caught up and indulged in the pastries.

After spending around an hour talking and laughing, you all rose from the table, ready to head over to Kyle's new home. You and Simon had spent the last couple of days clearing it out, moving the few things he had into your home.

Simon handed Kyle the keys, and he unlocked the door, smiling at his new home. As you peeked outside and noticed no moving truck or boxes, you couldn't help but ask, "When is the moving truck coming? Or did you ship all your belongings here?"

Kyle awkwardly laughed and scratched the back of his neck, "The suitcase has all my belongings in it. I usually stayed on base or in apartments, so I don't have any furniture."

You glanced at Simon and smiled, he shook his head knowing what you were about to say, "Bloody hell sweetheart." you only laughed and pulled up a picture of Ross on your phone.

"I know this amazing store that has everything you could possibly need for your house for a really good price."

Simon patted Kyle's back, chiming in, "Trust me, mate, she isn't joking."

And so, the four of you got into Simon's car and drove down to Ross. As soon as you entered the store, Kyle and Johnny wandered off with wide eyes, marveling at everything. You and Simon grabbed a cart for Kyle, following him around.

He led you to the furniture aisle, where you helped him select a nightstand, some bar stools, a coffee table, and a few lamps, all of which found their way into the cart.

"Are you more of a movie or book person? This bookshelf looks nice," you remarked, pointing to a sleek black three teir bookshelf. Kyle wasted no time adding it to the growing collection in the cart. You laughed, and Simon shook his head in amusement.

"Do they have dining tables here?" Kyle turned and asked as you both walked into the decor aisle. "They sometimes do, but I think they're sold out. Simon actually has a dining table and a large sofa he bought last year when he moved in. We were going to donate them, but you could keep them if you like," you suggested.

"Sounds perfect," he flashed a grateful smile as he continued to browse through the aisle, picking out items for his coffee table and some basic decor. You helped him pick a few candles before wandering off to find Johnny, leaving Kyle to explore the store further.