Chapter 16: A Night of Betrayal

L

isa pov

As the party raged on, the air thick with laughter and music, I found myself lost in the whirlwind of festivities, my senses dulled by the heady combination of champagne and excitement. Beside me, Jennie's laughter rang out like a melody, her infectious energy contagious as we danced and mingled amongst the crowd.

But amidst the chaos of the night, a shadow loomed on the horizon, casting a pall over the festivities and threatening to shatter the delicate balance of our friendship. As I turned to speak to Jennie, my heart filled with warmth and affection, I was met with an empty space where she had once stood, her absence like a dagger through my heart.

Confused and disoriented, I scanned the crowd for any sign of her, my heart racing with panic as I realized she had disappeared without a trace. And then, as if on cue, my eyes fell upon her standing in the corner, her face contorted in a mixture of shock and disbelief as she witnessed the scene unfolding before her.

Somi, the pretty heir from one of our business partners, stood before me, her eyes smoldering with desire as she leaned in closer, her words dripping with honeyed promises of passion and desire. But beneath her facade of charm and sophistication, I sensed a darkness lurking within her, a dangerous energy that sent shivers down my spine.

And then, to my horror and dismay, I watched as Somi slipped something into my drink, her actions swift and calculated as she offered it to me with a seductive smile. Caught off guard by her sudden advance, I accepted the drink without a second thought, oblivious to the danger that lay hidden within its depths.

As Somi led me away from the crowd, her touch burning like fire against my skin, I felt a sense of unease creeping over me, a nagging doubt that something was terribly wrong. And then, as if on cue, she pulled me into a secluded corner, her breath hot against my ear as she whispered words of seduction and desire.

But before I could react, before I could push her away and escape the clutches of her sinister intentions, I felt her lips on my cheek, her hands roaming freely over my body as she pressed herself against me with a fervor that sent alarm bells ringing in my mind.

And then, just as I thought I couldn't take it anymore, just as I was on the brink of breaking free from her grasp, I felt her lips on my neck, her teeth sinking into my flesh with a force that left me gasping for air. In that moment, as the world spun and darkness threatened to engulf me, I felt a surge of panic and desperation coursing through my veins, my mind reeling with the realization that I was in grave danger.

But before I could cry out for help, before I could escape the clutches of my assailant, I felt a pair of strong arms pulling me away from the darkness, a familiar voice calling out to me in a sea of chaos and confusion. And then, as the world faded away and the darkness closed in around me, I felt a sense of relief wash over me, knowing that I was safe at last.

To be continued...