𝟎𝟕 look out for the little guy

Start from the beginning

A few days had elapsed since the incident. With the exception of Banner, the remaining Avengers were accommodated at the new facility, since Bruce had departed and remained absent ever since he had entered the Quinjet in which Ultron was present, and to make matters worse, still in his Hulk form. Skye (or rather, Daisy Johnson) attempted to follow the Quinjet's location, but Ultron had presumably enabled stealth mode, considering no trace of it was detectable. In fact, there were some assumptions, but none of them were actually accurate.

The recurring images of Pietro dying before her eyes while she had no other recourse but to stand helplessly continued to play in Ella's thoughts during the first few days, now, she was getting better with time. Obviously it was extremely difficult for Wanda, mainly because she was in a completely unfamiliar environment and Pietro wasn't with her to help with the adaptation. Ella comforted her and did her best to make her fit in, although she remained unsure whether she could maintain her composure without being overwhelmed by her emotions, which would only make the situation worse.

Ella talked about all of this with Tony, from the biggest details to the smallest, even why the twins hated him so much initially. She didn't want to go into detail about everything that happened during those lost years of her life, first because she thought Tony would be perplexed and second because she hated having to explain it all again and having to relive every moment.

From the beginning, Ella didn't remember everything when Wanda entered her mind, it happened little by little. Until then, she didn't remember how she left HYDRA, but now she remembered that the Agent Morse in question was Barbara Morse and helped her escape when he took her back to America. It had been a while since Ella had heard anything about her, and she wouldn't know what to say if she saw her again.

She was unaware of why she was undercover at the time, but when she spoke to Tony, he confirmed her suspicions that he had contacted Fury to help him find her after his failed attempts and then Fury sent Bobbi to HYDRA after practically two and a half years of searching. Tony also explained that Fury never gave concrete details about her whereabouts and that the only thing he knew was that she was in one of HYDRA's bases, but he never brought it up, as every time he questioned Ella about it she said he didn't remember anything, so he just assumed it was a subject so traumatic that she didn't want to talk about.

"So..." Natasha began, pausing briefly. "I'll see you later or are you going with Tony?"

"I don't know yet, I'm still thinking about it, but yes, see you later." She said shrugging her shoulders with a small smile growing on her lips. Natasha then nodded and walked away from the younger girl, leaving her alone in the room with her own thoughts.

With two filled boxes in her arms, Ella trudged across the premises of the Avengers' newest compound and entered her room that had already been partly outfitted with some of the necessities, leaving both boxes in the corner of the room. She heaved a tired sigh as she took in the newly cleaned space, contemplating the next step, which she was fifty percent certain she wouldn't complete now but rather push off until later.

She sat down on the chair in front of her desk and took the iPad in her hands, reclining back in her seat. Ella's eyes fell upon a news article that appeared on the display, depicting a headline from the New York Times that said, 'The New Black Widow?'.

This clearly caused Ella's face to light up for a brief period as she looked over the report, and despite feeling honored to be compared to Natasha Romanoff, she continued to believe that she was not worthy of it.

In spite of this, she scrolled down and observed a image of herself taken during the battle in Sokovia. The picture was slightly blurry due to being snapped in motion, yet it featured Ella clearly. Right beneath, came the commencement of the article in itself.