8 | flowers

"Ugh, Tenya, I don't get it." I flopped down onto the floor and sprawled out, Tenya across from me as he stared, dumbfounded.

"What do you mean? I just explained the core foundation of how moles work!" He exclaimed and I groaned again, my mind numb from how many times he'd said the word 'moles' in the last hour.

"Yeah you explained it, you didn't teach it. Can you show me how to do a problem or something?" I asked exasperated as Tenya chuckled finally understanding how he could help me understand and he stood up, going over to the rollaway whiteboard he'd brought in last week from the library to study for finals.

I sat up and watched as he wrote a problem on the board, my legs stuck out in front of me on the floor and watched him write. I sat back on my hands, trying to understand what in the hell he could be writing on the board.

That was how the rest of the night went, and we went to bed around one in the morning after I'd complained one too many times about how tired I was and Tenya had dragged my ass into bed. I'd figured we needed to get at least some sleep, albeit maybe six hours by the time we actually fell asleep. I'd understood most of the stuff I'd told him I didn't get, and felt much more confident in how the test would go tomorrow.

I fell asleep sprawled on Tenya's chest, his heart beating underneath my ear as his hands held me close. One hand was next to his head, the other splayed out onto my lower back underneath the black shirt he'd thrown at me after dumping me into the bed. I basically straddled his thigh and my hand rested on his chest, a gray tee on his body and a pair of thin joggers on his legs. His warmth had put me to sleep almost as soon as he pulled me down, and he chuckled as I sighed contently, comfortable as hell and quickly slipping into unconsciousness. 

Unknowing to me, Tenya laid awake for an extra half hour after my breathing had slowed and evened out. The moon was full that night and illuminated the room through the balcony. He noticed how it lit up the features on my face so perfectly, so delicately. I'd been stressed out for a while now, and when I was asleep that was when my eyebrows unfurrowed and my shoulders relaxed. 

While Tenya was exhausted from his physical exams and the day as a whole, he just wanted to spend as much time around me as possible. His hand moved on my back while I slept, fingers making patterns that didn't repeat on the skin underneath his shirt that he'd loaned me. He always loved seeing me in his shirts, as much as he kept that to himself since I wasn't officially his yet. He loved the way that the bottom reached just past the middle of my thighs, and how the sleeves were always a little too long on me. He loved it, he thought I looked perfect at any hour of the day, and he couldn't wait to tell me when he finally was ready for me to take that next step.

He'd wait as long as it took.

***

Our teacher handed back our chemistry tests at the end of the day, we'd taken it first thing in the morning. I was eternally grateful that I was able to retain most of the information that Tenya had drilled into my brain for five hours last night and had skimmed before class started this morning.

He handed them to us all face down, and while I was sure of most of my answers at the time, my stomach turned at the thought of what my grade could be. The bell rung, signaling the end of classes for the day and I grabbed my paper, folding it in half and stuffing it into my backpack before I could look and exiting the room behind my classmates for the day. 

I walked through the halls until Uraraka and Tsu ran into me, and we made small talk about the day, how exams had gone for them since their physicals were done, the usual. The girls had also talked about the upcoming Christmas party that was happening before everyone left for break, it had become a tradition after Class 2-A had thrown one last year, and it stuck like cooked pasta on a wall.