"So what you need is hard evidence. Madam Bones, I assume you can keep certain sources confidential while conducting an investigation?"

"You assume correctly, Lord Black. Why do you ask?"

In answer, Arcturus silently laid copies of the reports he had been reading earlier on Amelia's desk. He watched as she opened each report and scanned the contents. After she had finished scanning the last report, Amelia looked up.

"How were you able to obtain this information, Lord Black? And have you been able to verify any of it?"

"Certain questions regarding my grandson Sirius caused me to look deeper, so I put a firm of solicitors on retainer. Those reports are the results of their investigations."

"I may need to speak with the actual investigators of the firm, Lord Black. May I have the firm name, please?"

"The name of the firm is Greengrass, Morton, and Stanton. Shall I inform Brian Greengrass you may be in touch?"

"That would be helpful, thank you."

"Then I bid you good evening, Madam Bones. As a courtesy, I would like a copy of any additional information you may find about Albus Dumbledore; public records, and such, you understand. It may be helpful when I bring a civil suit against the man myself."

"I might be able to share public information with the law firm, Lord Black, but not while the investigation is taking place. It may compromise the case, should there be one."

After standing, Arcturus gave a slight bow in farewell, and left the office, taking one of the Floos home. It had been a long day, and the next day promised to be even more stressful, so after looking in on young Harry, Arcturus went to bed.

4 August, 1989

Arcturus Black III, Head of the Ancient and Most Noble House of Black, knew that today would be his grandson's trial. With the revelations of the trial of Peter Pettigrew, Sirius' innocence would seem to be a foregone conclusion; however Arcturus didn't intend to allow anyone the opportunity to later say his grandson should return to Azkaban due to either a technicality or other alleged offense, so the trial would happen. He was just about to put on his traveling cloak when the voice of young Harry stopped him.

"Lord Black, I don't want to bother you, but I don't feel well."

Turning toward the young boy, Arcturus studied his face. Slightly flushed, bright eyes, and if the redness of his nose was an indication, the boy had been sneezing as well.

"What can you tell me about how you feel, Mr. Potter?"

"I'm hot, my whole body feels achy, I keep sneezing, and my throat hurts."

"I would agree, you don't feel well. Please sit on the settee and I'll call Healer Greengrass to come look at you."

Walking to the Floo, Arcturus placed the call and soon Amy stepped through. Carrying her bag over to where Harry was sitting, she began examining him to find out what was wrong. Sitting back after she finished, she glanced over at Arcturus.

"It looks as though he just has a slight cold, Lord Black. A few doses of Vitamix potion and rest, and Harry will be well again. Cool water to drink for the fever would also help, as it isn't very high."

"I must go to the Wizengamot today, so I will ask the elves to care for him while I'm out."

"That should be fine, Lord Black. Harry, I want you to rest today and tomorrow. So once the elves put you to bed, stay there unless you need to visit the lavatory, alright? You'll get well faster if you do."