Makings of a Spiral

Start from the beginning

Earth's Moon flinched, Venus did too. His core raced wildly, he felt anxiety and dread beginning to slip through the cracks of his surface, they thrummed within him.

The last time Mars got like this was when they had confronted Earth about the tournament, and he'd been just as surprised. It wasn't like Mars to get this angry. He must be pissed. "I can't think of anyone who could've pushed him into doing the things he did. Earth's actions are his. Don't try to push that bull on me. I know him, he was my best friend." Mars scowled.

The satellite was rendered speechless, wide eyed and slack-jawed, momentarily caught off-guard. But just as quickly as he was shocked, he immediately steeled himself. "And I'm his moon." He said, not at all shying away from the uncomfortably small distance between them. He even moved forward a few centimeters as well, but Mars wasn't about to back off. "You don't know half as much as you think you do."

"Enlighten me."

Mars and Earth's Moon looked like they were off in their own world, so caught up with glaring at each other with such intensity that it felt like they'd forgotten Venus was there. He sorta forgot that he was there too. This situation was a different thing entirely. It's still (apparently) related to their current dispute, but he had no place in this situation.

Venus was friends with Earth, but he admits that he was in no way as close to him as Mars and Earth's Moon were. While he and Earth were as thick as thieves, they were like a dense asteroid. He felt like a spectator — a pedestrian that'd just end up dying if he came between 2 buildings about to crash into each other.

Venus swallowed, watching the tension between them crackle and raise. He kept his mouth shut, deciding to let their argument play its course. Earth's going to apologize later, wasn't he?

"—killing him!"

Venus had been too zoned out to catch half of the conversation, but he'd heard well enough to know that Earth was apparently getting killed. "...What?" Mars had said for the both of them, even if he hadn't realized. His voice was hoarse, small.

All air had left Venus' lungs as he stared at the breathless satellite in front of him. Earth's Moon gasped and fell silent. That and his wide eyes told Venus that this was information that was mever meant to get out. Slowly, it was getting hot, he could feel the pressure on his core as his insides slowly fell apart.

...Something about Earth... a danger to him...

...What were they hiding?

"—Moon." Mars firmly held the satellite's shoulders in place, his fingers sunk into the fabric and continued to do so. "What's happening with Earth?"

Earth's Moon winced, his eyes frantically flitted back and forth between the hands on his shoulders and Mars' face. There's no getting out of this one — Venus knew he knew. He watched him squirm for a bit before going lax.

"I didn't mean that..." He said before his face suddenly screwed up in pain. Stars, Mars was not holding back — Venus looked with concern at the growing death grip he had Earth's Moon in — he could cause serious damage to his surface if this went on. He reaches for Mars to pull him away.

"Mars...I—"

Earth's Moon was barely able to keep his eyes from squeezing shut as he hissed from his bared teeth "Ah— Shit! Humanity— They're destroying him!"

His fingers' twitched — just an inch short from grabbing Mars and stopping this.

Suddenly, he can't move. Venus looked at Earth's Moon. Everything was hot. Horror in the form of magma spread all over him, temporarily overtaking all his senses but hearing. Because he—