Chapter 3: PLOT

(A/N: Help me with the writers block.....)

=====

Cid sat in his bed, staring at his cheap and worn out ceiling as the feeling of boredom continuously ate at him.

He sighed as he recalled the encounter with the blue haired girl. It felt too forced, it wasn't natural, like it was meant to be on purpose. He would know, after all, he had trained for every possible "mob" scenario.

Cid shot up from his bed, a feeling of nervousness and anxiety creeping up at him.

'Crap crap crap! Did they find out?! That I, a normal NPC was the infamous and cool Shadow of the night?!'

Cid thought, scratching his hair as insanity began to appear. His Shadow persona only remains cool because no one knows who he is! If someone knows who they actually are, then all the mysteries would be solved! He couldn't afford that.

He paced around anxiously in his room, a hand on his chin as he thought of a solution.

'Projections of myself? No, too hard to make and they're not even tangible. Dummies? Good for a short time distraction, but ineffective. Clones?'

Cid then stopped, his eyes widening slightly as he had found a solution.

'That's it! Make some clones to sub for me whenever I go Shadow mode!'

He thought, excitedly imagining himself fighting alongside his clones as if they were parallel versions of himself. He had began to imagine the confused looks of his opponents as he and his future clones fight them.

With that in mind, he sat down on the hard flooring and began to tap into his mana reserves. Controlling and molding it within himself to make his new technique.

.
.
.
.
.

*Beep beep beep beep!

"Commander! The mana levels that belong to Shadow have begun to increase!"

A man with dark curly hair exclaimed, alerting everyone in Fraxinus.

"Prepare the deployment of Shiori! Call the two other spirits for stand-by and be on the lookout for the AST!"

Kotori—commander of Fraxinus—commanded as she ate her lollipop. Her teeth were clenched so hard that the lollipop was slightly cracking.

She was nervous, afraid, and full of anxiety. After all, it was her first time as a commander to see a male spirit and be so powerful.

His Sephira levels were off the charts and on par with codename: [Nightmare], but there was something else. Something foreign. She didn't like unknown variables, which was why she was pooling all her resources on [Shadow], he was dangerous and that's a fact.

"Roger that commander. Contacting Shiori and the two spirits."

A man with a fierce look complied, typing on a computer as the others work on their respective areas. It was code purple.

"Commander! The spirit codename: [Nightmare] has begun to show an increase of mana!"

Exclaimed a brown haired woman, her hands typing at the computer as her screen showed a miniature map of Tengu city where a small red dot was glowing.

Kotori sighed, Shadow was already a handful to deal with, but now Nightmare? She needed to use it, she has no choice.

Standing up, she signaled her Vice commander, Kannazuki, over to her side.

"Kannazuki, you handle things while I deal with Nightmare."

Kotori declared, her voice slightly shaky which did not go unnoticed by the blonde lolicon simp.