Chapter 2

Hazel

These past few days has been a huge panic. We found out that we had an imposter at the company named, Erik Calloway. Who pretended to be a photographer to take pictures at our models. Especially Lociana.
Nick has been told to look into the matter, but according to him he hasn't found any leads, yet.
Only thing we have found is the man's face on the security cameras, which he sure looks like a young adult.

Right now, I'm in the security room with Nick. He's looking through the camera footage and downloading things in complete silence. I sure think he's some kind of robot. Cause he only talks when Sebastian is in the room.

Suddenly he turns towards me, and sighs.
"Shouldn't you get back to work, Ford?"

He spoke to me. This cold guy spoke to me! Hold on, calm down. It's just a question, any person would ask. Even robots.
I clear my throat and I shake my head.

"No, I'm finished for the day. So I was just interested on how you work."

He turns the back of the chair towards me, without saying a word. I think this means "You can stay"?
It makes me smile and I grab a chair beside him looking at the security cameras. And he glances at me with an eyebrow raised.

I look at him, with a slight smile.
"I'm a fashion designer, I might see things you don't."

He sighs slightly but then gives in by nodding slightly, looking back at the cameras as he mutters.
"Fine."

I turn my gaze towards the camera footage, trying to prevent a huge smile on my face. Nick the cold Ledger, Is actually speaking. Too me. And for some reason it makes me smile, we have gone out on multiple occasions together, with Sebastian and now Lociana. But he's never been chatty. He seems more like a listener to my banter..

...

I'm so exhausted from looking at the screen for so long and I check the time, and It's around midnight.
We found a few things how Erik got it for example, he pretended too be one of the security guards before walking through the front door of the building, he was very sly, but we found him on the cameras.

Nick said he only needs to find his picture account and address which might take a bit, but he will find him. He reassured me that he will make sure Lociana's pictures will be gone, soon.
Despite his cold demeanor, he's a good person. I respect him for that.

I stand up stretching my arms with a slight yawn.
"I should get going home. I have a lot of dresses to design tomorrow."

He nods slightly as he closes his laptop. He doesn't look tired at all, does he even sleep?

"Do you have a ride home?" He suddenly said glancing at me sideways.

I nod in response.
"I have my car. Thank you for asking atleast."

He just nods back and places his laptop in his bag.

I glance at his bag, there must be a lot of company secrets just on that laptop, I mean that's why he must be holding it so close all the time. I wasn't even allowed to look at it. Oh, well It's Nick Ledger, he's secretive.

He opens the door for me, and I walk out with him following silently behind.
To be honest, It's nice having someone who looks protective of you.