And now, they have their eyes set on Jiji...Something in my stomach twisted. After jiji's wedding, the royal family will soon find Kunawarisa someone and she'll get married. The thought was unexplainably uncomfortable for me. Tara was looking intently at me, when I cut my trail of thoughts and nodded meekly at her. She sighed and took my hand and we walked to near a group of ladies. Radhika, Arundhati, Reva, Aditi, Parvati...inse milo..yeh Rajkumari Saudamini hai, Bhabhisa ki choti behen. Aur Saidamini, ye sab meri saheliyan hai, Mantri gan Tilak singh ji, Bharmal Ji aur Jaimal Ji ki betiyan, She introduced us. I folded my hands into a Pranaam, so did they.

We talked for quite some time. I instantly felt at ease. Unlike all the guests, especially the ladies and their daughters I met so far, who were keen on promoting their daughters in Tara's eyes, hoping she would put in a word, these ladies were not like that. Our conversations flowed from our kingdoms, to our hobbies, our lives ...politics..internal matters. Even Kritika jumped into the conversation without hesitation. When everyone assumes it was only the male members who talk about politics, kingdoms and development, you'd be surprised at the length we talked about reforms that should be brought for the welfare of the empire. I felt our conversation was enlightening, everyone respected each other's opinions, without being judgmental. Finally the topic of love came. Everyone teased each other and teased Princess Tara too.

I chanced a glance at Kunwarisa amidst the conversation....and to my shock, she was already looking at me, she gave me a warm smile, and I smiled at her shyly. She returned to talking to someone she already was. After sometime, I mustered the courage to look at her again. She was discussing something...occasionally smiling. I felt lost in her. Those dimples looked so cute when she smiled. She had a masculine touch to her features. Her cheekbones high and defined...sharp nose....thin but full lips...Kissable...Kissable?....I was surprised at my own thoughts...and continued looking at her....She looked extremely hot in the Deep blue kurta and red dhoti, the kurta fitting tightly on her torso, accentuating her shoulders and arms. The shawl was sone pe suhaga. She had a powerful aura around her. She was a perfect blend of powerful yet gentle soul. She looked at me suddenly....and our eyes locked...I couldn't tear my eyes away....Shit..she caught me checking her out...she smirked at me and I instantly looked down, bit my lower lip...fighting hard to contain the smile....I hadn't realised when my hands had knotted infront of my stomach and clutched each other tightly. I was sure my cheeks had turned red with a deep blush.

Finally, Aditi turned to me and asked, And you princess? found someone who makes your heart beat faster ? the special someone?

I stammered I.....I....I.....no...there's no one, Aditi. Tara came infront of me and looked at me and turned and looked at Kunawarisa, who was in my direct line of sight......she teased me.. Are you sure, Saudamini....no one till now, but there might be budding feelings for someone...is it not there? Now everyone seemed invested in my love life. I felt my face reddening. Yes...are you sure Rajkumariji...Came a voice, it was Prince Atharva, followed by Prince Dhruva. My blush deepened. I just wanted to run away from there. Everyone were insinuating something and I didn't know if Kunwarisa felt the same. Ofcourse I'm sure....Pr..Prince Atharva...there is no one, Tara laughed lightly at me, and Alright everyone...some more teasing and she'll turn red all over...her cheeks are red enough. Everyone laughed at me and I smiled lightly at them...

Is Jiji talking to Arjan? Prince Dhruva knitted his brows. Even Tara's laugh vanished and her face turned sour and looked at her Jiji Seems like it Dhruva, but what is left to talk, after everything he's done? Why is she talking to him now. We all looked at them. I could see raw anger on Kunwarisa's face, she took a menacing step towards him, and he instinctively flinched and took a step back. She seemed to be threatening him. For a moment, I felt her looking only at me...in the crowd I was in....at that moment, her expression softened. She turned back to glare at him, his face an inch away from hers. The anger in her eyes returned and I could feel her face reddening with anger....her hand moved towards the dagger in her kummer-bandh... She looked predatory....that person seemed to be staring at his death... a shiver ran down my spine looking at the expression of hers. Slight correction Tara, she isn't talking to him, look closely, the bastard is moments away from having a nervous breakdown, and that's just Jiji talking to him. Imagine....what might happen to him if Jiji lays a finger on him, he is as good as dead...Prince Atharva joked. Don't worry, as long as Jiji is around, that bastard won't move a finger. Everyone turned and resumed their conversations, I looked a little longer at her and turned back.

I hadn't realised how the time had passed....after about an hour, I saw Deputy General VeerBhadra dragging Kunawarisa to where we were standing. My heart beats took a pace as I saw her nearing us and moved back, standing beside Tara, trying to disappear in the shadows. Bhadra left her grasp and she scanned the people infront of her. Jiji, were you talking to Arjan bhaisa and Bua? everything ok?, Tara asked with concern in her voice. she gently held her hand and replied Yes Tara, but nothing to worry about, everything is ok. Tara smiled and resumed talking to her friends.

Every now and then, she kept glancing at me. I could make it out from the corner of my eyes. It was hard to concentrate on what Parvati was telling me with her presence in such close vicinity with her. Soon Prince Dhruva pushed her closer to where I was standing, knowingly. Prince Atharva pushed his brother, feigning to be in a deep conversation, pushing her even closer to me. Now she was right next to me. I felt giddy. Her cologne was over loading my senses. My hand went up to my chest to calm myself. I could feel her powerful aura around me. Strength exuding from her entire being. I felt my breath catch in my throat. I timidly glanced up at her momentarily. I could see her gulping, veins visible in her neck, and her hands balled into a fist behind her...she was nervous too then...that thought calmed me...I felt butterflies around her...I only hoped she did too...

She took a step back, that gave me a breathing space. I felt an exhale, a breath I didn't realize I had been holding that long. The night was turning cold, the breeze playing with the few strands of my hair on my face, and lightly breezing through my thin dupatta. I felt a slight soothing sensation, a cold sensation where she had touched me. The feeling was exhilarating. And suddenly, she departed from there. Without a word to anyone. All of us were surprised. But I felt an ache in my heart. I turned to look at her retreating frame and I felt heavy in my heart. Dejected, I resumed my conversation with Parvati, on how to spread the word of education in all the provinces of the kingdom.

After sometime, I felt an attendee coming and mutter something into Kritika's ear. She looked serious at first, then her face broke into a smirk, looking at me mischievously. She seemed to be controlling her smile at this point, while looking at me. Ok, I'll tell her, thank you she told the attendee and she departed.

Kritika pulled me aside, away from the everyone, hardly containing her smirk. What is it Kritika, why are you smiling so much, what did the attendee say?, I questioned her, puzzled. It's about Kunwarisa...she whispered. What about her, Kritika? I questioned her...She has asked you to meet her in the balcony leading out of the maha-aangan...and.... Why did she want to meet me..? and...? I urged her to finish her sentence.. she has asked you to meet her in ekaanth.... She finished her sentence and my eyes widened and felt a thousand butterflies erupted in stomach.....Why does she want to meet me...that too in privacy?