Chapter 3: Leaving

Start from the beginning

"Yes. All because of you my son's life has become filled with darkness. Because of you he always remains sad.. All because of you." Abhimanyu heard his mother target Akshara with her hurtful words, shattering Abhimanyu's belief that his mother always had the best of others at heart.

Today, even grief couldn't excuse his mother's behavior. In grief, a person should not have the license to make others doubt the relationship of others by spreading lies. His mother had no right to say that Abhimanyu was miserable in his relationship when Abhi had never said anything of that sort. He loved his life now that Akshara was in it. Abhi felt the need to make his mother understand that today. No one could talk to Akshara like that. Abhi had always warned his father to behave nicely and not taunt Akshara. Today, he would have to tell the one person who he hadn't ever said such things to, his mother. Today, Manjiri would be told that this argument was her fault, and she would not have the support of her son.

"MAA! What are you saying!" Abhimanyu stated, stepping in and making his presence known to everyone.

Manjiri and the rest of the family turned around, not expecting Abhimanyu to be standing in the house. Manjiri was horrified, Abhimanyu was supposed to be at a surgery, not listening to her hurt his precious Akshu's feelings.

"Abhi, what are you doing here my son? Don't you need to go for that important surgery?" Manjiri nervously asked, afraid of making Abhimanyu angry at her.

"It got canceled. And good thing it did, otherwise how would I have figured out what my mother taunts my wife with in my absence? Maa, Akshu is my life. Her arrival has made my life much better. Not filled with darkness. So please don't say that to Akshu."

"Why can't you see how much pain your Akshu causes, Abhi? Why? Your mother and your little brother's wife are getting so miserable due to Akshara's presence, but you only care about Akshara's feelings. When did you change and stopped seeing your mother's pain? Abhi I am doing this for the good of the entire family. If Akshara leaves we will all get peace, and this unlucky girl's eclipse will also leave us." Manjiri started crying, trying to show Abhimanyu how unlucky Akshara was for the family and how much pain she was causing. Maybe Abhimanyu would finally understand her.

Seeing Manjiri maa use such hurtful words for her, Akshara's willpower and heart broke. She no longer had it in her to fight. Maybe she should just leave, maybe she was bringing bad luck to this family, maybe everyone was better off without her. As her mind started swirling around these negative thoughts, Akshara didn't realize when her breathing started getting shallow, until it started to get harder and harder to breathe.

Just as Akshara was about to start breathing more panically, she felt comfort enveloping her. She was in Abhimanyu's arms and she could faintly hear his whispers of Breathe, Akshu, breathe. Attempting to focus on his captivating voice and his faint heartbeat, Akshara tried to focus herself and fight against the panic and frenzy she was feeling. Grounding herself to her Abhi's voice, Akshara started breathing as he instructed her too, taking slow and steady deep breaths, eventually calming down, coming back to reality.

Manjiri maa was glaring at her as if Akshara had purposefully had a panic attack to bring Abhimanyu's attention to her. Akshara felt horrible after seeing Manjiri maa's expressions, and thus buried her face into Abhi's chest, softly focusing on his heartbeat, as he softly brushed her head, soothing her. She tightly clutched Abhimanyu's arm, which made Abhimanyu realize that Akshu was really frazzled and needed a break.