Chapter 249 : The Asassination

Start from the beginning

The Rose Bishop stretched out its right hand and tapped its chest four times in the order of bottom to top, right to left.

With the color of blood and the light from the flames reflecting in his eyes, he looked at Bakerland and took a sudden step forward with his right foot, passing through the wall of fire. He didn’t receive any damage from the fire, with only dark red liquid that continuously dripped down.

Bakerland retreated once again as he suddenly raised his voice.

“Someone! Help me!”

Although his most capable assistant, Rosago, and several intelligence agents had been sent on a mission, there was still no lack of Beyonders in the embassy. They were military officials who had received permission from the Loen Kingdom. They were the defensive forces that were available!

One Sequence 5, one Sequence 6, three Sequence 7s, and a combination of nearly ten Sequence 8s and 9s.

Bakerland’s voice echoed around the room, but it didn’t exit the premises. The music outside didn’t stop and the ball continued.

It was as though the room had become a completely isolated world!

“This...” Bakerland stopped his shouting, narrowed his eyes, and looked around.

The Rose Bishop was in no hurry to act. He said with a chuckle, “It was by your own will, the rules that were decided by yourself.

“You told the guards not to disturb you or come near, or let anyone close.

“Yes... I simply magnified your will and rules and made a slight distortion. If you want to escape this isolation, you have to defeat yourself.”

Bakerland’s expression changed slightly. What appeared to be the compliance of rules was, in fact, a distortion of them. The characteristic of using the power of authority to serve oneself made him think of another Sequence’s name.

“Baron of Corruption!” Bakerland growled.

This was the Lawyer pathway, which was Sequence 6 of the Dark Emperor pathway.

Before he could finish his sentence, Bakerland’s face suddenly turned extremely gloomy as he blurted out, “Shepherd! You’re a Shepherd!

“Who are you from the Aurora Order? Mr. A?

“Why are you assassinating me?

The Rose Bishop, no—Shepherd chuckled.

“You don’t need to know who I am.

“Accept the Lord’s blessings...”

His body suddenly stiffened before he could finish his sentence. It was as though his joints were covered in rust, and he seemed to have turned into a puppet.

Bakerland laughed rapturously. The gloominess from before disappeared in an instant. He took out a white handkerchief from his left breast pocket and wiped the corner of his mouth.

“I’m glad that you were able to chat with me for so long. It gave me enough time.”

After the white handkerchief was taken away, a thumb-sized head emerged from his left breast pocket. It was the head of a puppet with completely black eyes!

The Shepherd opened his mouth and was about to speak when he heard a hollow voice that seemed to come from afar.

“You...”

After pausing, his body suddenly burgeoned, and his skin turned dark. Two curved goat horns with strange, sinister patterns sprouted from his head, as well as wings behind his back that reeked of sulfur when they flapped.