Chp:-14 Revealing The Hidden Pain

Start from the beginning

As the discussion continued, my thoughts remained consumed by Saanvi. I couldn't shake the feeling that meeting her would only complicate things further.

Suddenly, Ishaan approached me, with a serious expression on his face. "Gautam, can I have a word with you?" he asked, gesturing towards a quieter corner of the room.

I nodded, we excused ourselves from the group and I followed Ishaan to the secluded corner he gestured at. The music and chatter from the party faded into the background as Ishaan spoke.

"Gautam, I need to talk to you about Saanvi," Ishaan began, his tone serious. "I know you've been helping her with her business, but I think it's time to reconsider."

My eyes widened in surprise. "How did you...?"

Apart from Vihaan, Nihar & their wives, Dev & Alia, only Ishaan from our family friends circle knew about me & Saanvi.

Ishaan cut me off. "It doesn't matter how I know. Gautyy buddy I know Saanvi was your everything and you loved her to bits, she was your world but not anymore. What matters is that you're putting your relationship with Sanya at risk by keeping in contact with your ex. You need to prioritize your future with Sanya, not dwell on the past that's not worth dwelling on in the first place, it's bitter but that's how the truth is buddy."

My  heart sank as I realized the truth in Ishaan's words. I had been so focused on being polite and supportive towards Saanvi that I hadn't considered the implications for my relationship with Sanya.

I knew deep down that Ishaan was right, but admitting it aloud was another ordeal altogether.

"You're right, Ishaan," I finally managed to utter, my voice laced with a tinge of remorse.

"I've been so caught up in trying to maintain a facade of politeness and support towards my first love, my ex Saanvi that I failed to see how it could jeopardize my relationship with Sanya."

Before I could say more, the abrupt cessation of music signaled the attention of everyone in the room. I felt exposed, vulnerable, as all eyes turned towards me and Ishaan, the atmosphere heavy with tension.

Sanya excused herself from the group of girls, sensing the seriousness of the moment. Alia, Aashi, Ayesha, Samaira, Nisha, Dakshita, Mihika, and the others quickly followed suit, trying to lighten the atmosphere with their lighthearted banter.

THIRD PERSON POV

Gautam felt a knot form in his stomach as he realized that his private conversation with Ishaan was now public knowledge. He braced himself for the inevitable questions and judgments that would follow, knowing that he had some explaining to do.

As the weight of the room's attention settled on him, Gautam took a deep breath, steeling himself to reveal the hidden pain that had been buried within him. All the guys were patiently yet eagerly waiting for Gautam to speak.

"There's something I need to share with all of you," he began, his voice steady despite the turmoil raging within.

"I haven't spoken about this to many, but it's about Saanvi—my ex-girlfriend," Gautam confessed, his words heavy with emotion.

"I loved her deeply, more than I can put into words. But despite that love, we couldn't make it work."

A somber silence filled the room as Gautam continued, recounting the bittersweet memories of his past relationship. "When Saanvi's father passed away, she was thrust into the responsibility of running the family business," he explained, his voice tinged with sorrow. "The weight of that responsibility consumed her, and slowly, we drifted apart."

Gautam's gaze grew distant as he recalled the pain of their separation. "We tried to hold on, but in the end, the distance and the burden of her new role tore us apart. When she ended things, it shattered me. I felt lost, adrift in a sea of uncertainty," he admitted, the rawness of his emotions laid bare for all to see.

He recounted the events, from their unexpected encounter at the charity event to her persistent requests for help with her father's business in the US.

As he glanced around, he found understanding and empathy in the eyes of his loved ones. It felt like a weight lifted off his shoulders as he finally shared his pain, knowing he could now focus on his future with Sanya. Now everyone understood, the struggles and heartache that had shaped him into the person he was today. The shock and disbelief that rippled through the room were palpable as his friends and family listened intently to his confession.

Gautam braced himself for the inevitable questions and judgments that would follow. The murmurs of confusion and speculation echoed around him but before anyone could speak, Nikhil stepped forward, his expression a mixture of concern and determination.

"Gautam, you can't keep dwelling on the past. You have Sanya now, and you need to prioritize her above all else. Sanya's trust in you is paramount, and any breach of that trust could have severe repercussions. You can't afford to hurt her, not after everything she's been through." Nikhil said firmly, his words cutting through the tension.

Gautam nodded, the gravity of Nikhil's words hitting him like a ton of bricks. He knew he had to make things right, no matter the cost. With a renewed sense of determination, he vowed to do whatever it took to protect his relationship with Sanya, even if it meant confronting his past once and for all.