Volume 1 Chapter 7: The Ring of Gluttony?

Почніть із самого початку

Nozel stabbed herself in the palm of her hand and sliced through her thick flesh. Her blood began to pour out of her flesh wound. Her eyes pulsed with magic as she formed a sinister shine and smirk. “You are going to regret your life choices, old man.” His eyes widened at her going back to insulting him. That's when he realized that she's been choosing not to use her evil cycle, in order to be more considerate and respectful? He went from standing confidently to hunching over and grabbing his wrist. His body's never experienced so much pain in his entire life. She stabbed her hand a few times to make him suffer even more. He lifted his head and saw her looking down at him amused. “Thanks for letting me take a break from feeling my pain, old man. It feels good to feel nothing for once.” She stabbed herself in the shoulder. He felt his shoulder get hit with a wave of immeasurable amount of agony. “I can heal myself after I stab myself but all the pain you are feeling is the initial feeling of my bone shattering pain.” She healed her palm and grabbed his jaw firmly. He tried to fight back against the pain and her actions towards him. But he was at her mercy. “My ribcage was destroyed by that beast at the cost of saving my new boyfriend. If you think you are suffering from me cutting my palm and stabbing my shoulder. You have no idea what I went through! No one does! I'm suffering almost all the time. To the point I might go crazy. But I don't want to be seen as evil. I want to help others. It's so fuckin hard. I want to kill myself. I want to punch everything in sight. I can't decide if I want to harm someone or protect someone.” She grabbed her head and pulled at her hair. “I'm losing my mind. If I don't activate my evil cycle. I'll probably go insane. I can't move on. I can't make it go away. I'm sick of everything. And everyone. Including myself. I'm so weak. The most pathetic demon to ever exist. I can't do anything correct. Except for hurting those I love, breaking things, and destroying stuff.” She shrank in size as she fell to her knees. She dropped her evil cycle. “Why am I cursed to suffer constantly? I just want to make this world better.” She lowered her head and broke down crying. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you suffer. Please forgive me.” He leaned in close and rested his hand on her head. “I forgive you. You clearly aren't in control of your emotions in that state. You lose physical feeling and control over everything else. How about we forget this ever happened.” She looked up at him suffering tremendously. “Please let me heal you, sir.” He held out his hand for her to take. She reached out and grabbed his hand. His body was overwhelmed with a strange feeling of warmth and comfort. The lingering feeling of pain was taken away. He felt his body relax, he was no longer being haunted by anxiety and stress. She stood up and smiled happily. He was starting to see the difference between her different types of smiles. “You have the ability to heal and hurt. Just like most demons. But you don't act like most demons. And that's what makes you so unique. I'm sure you will be fine in the future. You just need to find a reason to keep fighting.” She looked at him with undying respect. “I know just the reason, I'll fight for those who can't themselves. Those who are weak and hurt. I'm selfless. I would rather die protecting someone else from death. Then protect myself from danger. I know that's not a very demonic trait. But that's what I believe in, despite my outside appearance.” He was curious about what rank she's going to get awarded by the rank owl. Her philosophy was very similar to his old classmate Balam Schichiro.

They both return to the rest of the misfit class. Clara and Alice ran towards her, asking if she was alright. She put on a brave face and lied through her teeth. She walked towards Saburo. He went to say something but she didn't give him a chance. She hugged him desperately, she was still shaking violently. “I'm sorry I made you worry about me. I'll explain everything after school, if you want. But for now. Just know that I'm glad you aren't dead.” He felt her go limp in his arms. “I really do like you, Saburo. I'm bad with my emotions. I'm sorry.” His tail intertwined with her tail. “I'm bad with words, but just know that I feel the same way about you.” She took a step back and looked up into his sparkling eyes.

Nozel reached into the pouch of the rank owl. Everyone had gotten their ranks, except for her. She pulled out a rank badge of Dalet (4) and a strange gold ring affixed to her right hand, middle finger. Her magical power was devoured quickly. But she didn't want to worry her classmates. She just acted intrigued but not phased. “Check it out, I got a cool magical ring from the owl too.” “That's awesome master!” “Look Alice, we match.” Alice lit up with excitement. She saw Sabro was a little down. She whispered softly to Clara for a favor. She reached into her pocket and pulled out something.

Nozel was now wearing a new accessory. It had a black fur inside, burgundy leather collar with black spikes and a metallic loop attached to front with their demon rank badge Dalet (4) hanging from it. Black chains are hanging from the edges of the collar.

Saburo was a little down but the feeling of Nozel grabbing his tail, woke him up. He looked over at her only to see her playing with his tail. “I believe in your strength and resolve. You can't let this setback hold you back from becoming the demon king. My goal is to become one of the 13 Crowns. We are both aiming for high positions of power. So cheer up, Kay?” He smiled widely at her encouraging words. “You're right! There's plenty of time to rank up and become Yodh!” He created clenched fists. She leaned up against his side and her tail wrapped around his tail. “Now that school is over for the day, we have a date to go to. Let's go somewhere nice and relaxing.” He blushed bright red. “You were serious?” “Yeah, one hundred percent.”

Saburo sat across from Nozel. They were sharing a very fruity dessert shake. Their tails were moving behind them in a passively happy way. “So since we are in a safe place, I should be able to share with you my Bloodline Magic.”

To be continued…