00. PROLOGUE

Usually, when someone is reincarnated in a story, they're familiar with the source material.

Unfortunately for this miserable bastard, he was not.

He'd only clicked on the 'Trash of the Count's Family' manhwa on a passing whim and skimmed through it in the middle of lunch hour— who would've thought there'd be an earthquake? He ended up starving to death under the debris because his legs got crushed and help never made it to him even after days.

If he knew he'd end up transmigrating into the story, he would have used the last of his phone's battery to at least reread the downloaded chapters. This sucks.

"South! What are you staring off into space over there about? Hurry up!"

"Ah, sorry sir. I'll be right there."

He was reincarnated as a young orphan in some place he didn't recognize, and so, he fell back into past life habits and just tried his best to survive. He worked his way up doing favours, odd jobs, and helping out around town— until finally, the locals recommended him a job in the Count's estate to take care of the horses.

He wasn't particularly strong, and he wasn't very healthy either (oh, why did the plights of his past life have to come back to bite him?) so this was all he could do— and he did it well, so he was actually proud of coming this far.

At least, until he realized that he was in the Henituse territory.

In his defense, no one taught him how to read in the orphanage, and everyone in town always just called them 'The Count' or 'The Rich Bastard'. How was he supposed to know?

Thankfully, the horses were cute, the job was mundane, and he even had a nice little room in the servants quarters to sleep at night.

There's no way a horse holster like him will ever get too involved in whatever the hell was going to happen in the story, right?

"Aaahhh I just had to go and open my big fat stupid mouthhhhh..."