Prologue

It was a silent yet lukewarm night, Sung Jeongyeon thought that perhaps it was nearing summer so that's why the nights have been warmer than the past seasons. She had just finished clearing a dungeon and she would say that this was her best record of clearing because she had just finished it in two days.

She wasn't tired physically but mentally? She was exhausted. She opened the door to the apartment, it had only been a few weeks ever since she decided to left home from her mother and younger sisterd. Jeongyeon was surprised when the lights to the kitchen and dining area was on.

"Welcome home, Jeongyeon."

Hearing that voice made her heart melt. Her eyes softened when she saw a familiar person stood up from the chair as she went over and hugged him, burying her face into the crook of his shoulder. His scent had always calm her and makes her ignore all of her worries and stress of being a hunter.

"Yeah..." Jeongyeon mumbled. "I'm home, Oppa..."

"How was your hunting?" He asked her. "You looked tired, Jeongyeon."

"Yeah but I'm okay now that I'm here." Jeongyeon smiled warmly as she basked in the warmth of his hand on her cheek.

"Then, come and eat dinner." (L/n) (M/n) said as he he held her hand and guided her to the dining area. "It's a good thing the food is still warm."

---

TEN YEARS AGO...

Highschool will never be kind to anyone especially to someone small and weak. That is what Sung Jeongyeon is, small and weak. The smallest among the girls and is always the target of bullying in the school.

However, those stopped when she is now being accompanied by her senior by a year, (L/n) (Y/n). He was a member of the school disciplinary team but he was also her neighbor, naturally they were childhood friends. It was also well-known fact that (Y/n) was very popular in school and one of─if not─the most sought out to be boyfriend in school.

A scholar, gentleman and a member of the school's varsity quiz bee team. He was everything that a girl would want in a boyfriend.

It was no surprise that Jeongyeon developed a crush on her Hyung but she kept it to herself all these years in order to preserve what she only had with him which is their friendship.

"Jeongyeon, are you sure you will wait for me?" (Y/n) asked her, frowning. "You know you can always go home early."

"No, I'm fine waiting." Jeongyeon assured. "Besides, they might attack me when they find out that I'm not with you..." She mumbled.

This made (Y/n) frowned even more. "Jeongyeon, why didn't you tell me that you're still getting bullied?" She asked.

"Don't worry about it, Oppa!" Jeongyeon hastily flailed her arms. "They don't bother me at all! It's normal!"

"Well, to me they're a bother." (Y/n) sighs. "And it's not normal to constantly bully someone, you know that."

"Yeah, because you always tell that to me, Oppa." Jeongyeon smiled. "I'm fine, Oppa. Promise."

(Y/n)'s eyes were filled with sadness and he pulled Jeongyeon to a hug, given their huge gap in height. Jeongyeon's face heated up as she felt her face against his clothed abdomen.

"I'm worried that something bad will happen to you and I'm not there to protect you, Jeongyeon. I don't want something bad happen to you."

"I know, Oppa..." Jeongyeon mumbled. "Thank you for always protecting me."

'I promise that I will protect you in return.'

(A/n: My impulsive thought is to turn an op male into a hot op female character lmao also Jeongyeon is the name of my bias in the K-pop band, TWICE)