〚 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 〛

┏━━━━━━━┓

𝑹𝑬𝑺𝑪𝑼𝑬 𝑴𝑰𝑺𝑺𝑰𝑶𝑵
𝑷𝑹𝑬𝑷

┗━━━━━━━┛

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★

A month ago, Aria went on a few missions already. She was smaller than the clones, so she was called Shorty most of the time. She didn't mind it, though. She liked it. The times Kix wasn't available, she would disappear. It had to change since the others started to suspect.

She had a break for a week. Every time she tried to sleep, her body was still in survival mode. That won't go away anytime soon or probably never.

They had to move her again, and then a new mission came up with Fives and Echo. It was a rescue mission involving Jedi Master Even Piell, who had been taken prisoner by the separatists. Worst of all, the prison has a reputation of being unable to break in or out. It was known as the Citadel.

In the cruiser, Aria reunited with her friends. They all stood waiting for the meeting to start when Aria felt nervous. Her first mission was with her friends and general. Fives was the first to notice her walking towards them. Of course, Echo nudged him to calm down since the others weren’t supposed to know. Captain Rex approached her to remind her that other clones from the 212th would be joining.

☾ ⋆*

“As you are aware, the Citadel is their most isolated and impenetrable detention facility. No one has ever escaped,” informed Master Plo

“There's a first time for everything,” said General Skywalker.

“Indeed there is” added General Kenobi.

Master Plo continued, “Their security has prevented our probes from obtaining recent reconnaissance, so we've been forced to construct a crude map based upon data from the archives.”

“Since the data is extremely old, the map will be difficult to rely on,” said Kenobi.

“So we're essentially going in blind,” Skywalker said.

“Beg your pardon, general, but how do we know Master Piell is still alive?” asked Rex.

“The separatists won't dare kill Master Piell until they have what they need” answered General Kenobi.

Master Piell contained coordinates of a secret hyperspace lane known as the Nexus Route, which travels into the heart of both Republic and Separatist homeworlds. There are three possible locations where they should be holding Master Piell.

The meeting ended. Everyone else made their way to the hangar and prepared for this mission. “Ready to get out there, shorty?” asked Echo. “Of course! It's my first mission with you guys.” Aria said. She kept her helmet the whole time. She has a holographic mask on, but it made her feel weird.

“You alright, Aria?” Fives whispered to her since the others were doing their own thing.

“Yeah, honestly, I'm just a little nervous. Gotta impress our General.”

“Don’t worry about that. You'll do great, just stick with me..uh us and you'll be fine.”

“What the-” Echo watched as R2 made his way to the ship with three battle droids in blue paint following him.

“We are trusting those droids to get us into the Citadel?” Fives commented.

Commander Cody turned to him “It's the only way. We are flying into the heart of separatist territory. Droids won't be detected.” Aria forgot how distrusting clones are with droids, but there are only a few that they respect.

It was time. Everyone made their way to the ship. “This is your idea?” said Master Obi-Wan, “carbon freezing?”

Anakin turned to him, “I wanted to shield us from the life-form scanners.”

Aria wasn't sure about this, “Are, uh, we sure this thing is safe?”

“Let's hope so, I don't want to end up a wall decoration.” Fives added.

Master Obi-Wan wasn't worried, “Try to relax. We'll be unfrozen as soon as we arrive.”

Everyone was ready and gave the green light to begin the carbon freezing. The elevator set them down, and a powerful spray froze them. The droids took them to the ship and set them. The ship was loaded and departed with Master Plo, watching them disappear in the distance.

“May the force be with you.”

☄. *.