Hate

Cara POV:

I look around and it feels like the whole world is quiet.Everyone in the crowd celebrates while the England Players either fall down on the pitch or a celebrating.

I sigh and went with my hands through my face.

What have i done ?

I take a deep breath and stand there for a few minutes before i went to my teammates to pick them up from the pitch and to say some words to them.When everyone got into into the huddle the physios came and wraped an ice bag around my knee.

,,Does it hurt ?" one of them asks and i nod ,,A bit but not to bad" i say and we wait till everything is builed up for the ceremony.

In this time Beth came to and we hug each other ,,Im sorry" she says and i look at her ,,Dont be sorry.You deserve it! You won.So dont say sorry" i say to her and smile at her.

,,Im glad your mom got to see how her daugther won the euros i bet she is very proud of you right now" i say to her and she smiles at me ,,Thanks" she says and we hug each other again.

,,Are you mad or something ?Is really everything okay ?" she asks and i nod ,,Im just mad at myself not at any of you and my knee hurts a bit but it is nothing bad" i say to her and she nods.

,,We see each other later" i say and Beth nods before we hug the other one ones again and i get back to my team.I hug Svenni from behind and look at her ,,You played amazing" i say to her and she looks a bit to me.

,,You too..you are born to be a leader" she says and i smile ,,Thanks but i've let my team down.I had so many chances" i say and she turns around ,,It happends.We win as a team and we lose as a team.One player cant be the reason for a win or a loss.Its the team" she says and i nod before we hug each other.

We stood there and the England Team starts to line up for us.I look up to the big screen and get to Obi.

She won Best young player of the tournament and she deserves it.
I wipe away her tears ,,You deserve it my star girl..get the trophy" i say to her and she hugs me before i look after her and clap hands for her.

I look down again and the whole last scene just keeps repeating in my head.What did i do wrong ?

I practice such freekicks all the time.
I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to see Poppi ,,Cara you've won the Golden Boot and Player of the Tournament" she says and i look to the big screen and sigh.

Player of the Tournament really ?
I fucking lost the final.I cant be Player of the Tournament when i lose the final.

,,Get the trophys" she says and i sigh and go to the stage while i shake my head ,,What a joke" i say while i walk past the England Players and clap hands with Lucy when she reached out to me before i went on stage.

I thank them like i have too for the awards and went as quickly as possible down again and went back to the end of the line to my team and lay down the awards.I clap hands with everyone from my team while they went to the stage and turn around to see Leah.

We hug each other and i sigh slightly
,,Im sorry" she says and i shake my head ,,Stop saying this.There is nothing to be sorry for" i say into her ear and kiss her cheek ,,Enjoy it Leah.Im okay just enjoy it you deserve this" i say into her ear and she nods ,,Im proud of you..you've just won the euros as their captain" i say to her and she kisses my cheek.

,,I love you" she says into my ear and i nod ,,I love you too" i say into her ear and went forward to get the medal.I look at the euros trophy for the first time but look away again.

One day i will win that damn thing.

We lined up for England then and i grabed my awards before we stood there and all watch how they lift this trophy.I wanted to be happy for Leah but i just cant but she knows this.