Late Night Visits

Start from the beginning

Vince's annoyance left his face and one of his brows furrowed. This voice was Rody's but it was so much more broken than usual. “Rody? What's wrong? Are you alright?”

Rody sniffled, curling up with his blanket. “No, I… I need your help, I can't do this myself.”

“Do what? What did you get yourself into?” Vince asked, expecting the worst.

There was silence on the other line for a few long moments.

“Can I go to your place?” Rody finally asked.

Vince sighed. “No, stay put. I'll go to yours.”

He answered before putting the phone down with a small click.

Vince quickly pulled on a jacket and some shoes, then grabbing his keys and leaving his apartment with quick, long strides.

When Rody heard a knock on the door, he turned on the light and opened it.

Vince took in Rody's disheveled appearance and sighed, pushing him to go sit down. “This is how you live?” He asked, tone slightly condescending.

Rody shrugged and pulled his blanket over himself.

Vince looked around the messy space. “Talk.” He ordered as he took off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves, grabbing a bag and beginning to clean up.

“I can clean some other time Vince…” Rody said to which Vince raised an eyebrow.

“We both know you won't though.” He replied.

Rody sighed. “Fine.” He muttered. “Do you remember that I mentioned my girlfriend, Manon?”

“Ex-girlfriend” Vince corrected Rody.

Rody scowled a bit and continued. “Well, she's been missing.. and I have to find her but it's been so long and I think I'm starting to lose it… I met up with her parents earlier but the only clue I have to go off of is that she went to a restaurant somewhere with a strange friend she didn't mention to anyone.”

Vince flinched and went still for a bit before putting the full trash bag in the corner. “Maybe she ran away.” He said.

“She wouldn't. Marianne cares about her parents too much to have left without a word” Rody commented.

“Then, you should start with asking around at different restaurants, but if it was a while ago, I doubt anyone would remember seeing her.” Vince added, beginning to wipe down surfaces.

Rody sighed. “That's what I was thinking… I kind of want to ask for the key to her apartment, maybe there's a clue in there, what do you think?”

Vince shrugged. “You could. But if the friend was a mystery she didn't want many people to know about, she probably didn't keep anything.”

“It's still worth a shot.” Rody said, trying to convince himself as well as Vince. “Will you go with me? You're really observant”

Vince rolled his eyes and make an unpleasant expressions while his back was turned to Rody, beginning to work on washing the dishes. “Mhm, sure.” He replied, trying to hide the sourness in his tone.

Yet Rody mistook that sourness for tiredness. “Sorry… I know I'm not being very considerate of your responsibilities aor grateful of everything you do for me… but I do appreciate it, Vincent”

There was a small silence.

“I know” Vince finally repliedz not really expecting Rody to be that sentimental towards him.

The silence that followed was comfortable, the sound of the water flowing from the sink served as a calming background noise for them.

Rody kind of zoned out, not paying attention to anything until Vince nudged a cup of tea into his hands. “It'll help you sleep”

Rody finished his tea and placed the empty cup on the coffee table with a yawn. Vince took a bit more to finish and was going to wash the cup when he felt a weight on his shoulder.

Looking down, Rody's head was resting against his shoulder.

“You were really tired” Vince whispered, gently petting his red hair and twirling it with a finger absentmindedly.

“Goodnight” Vince added, trying his best to not disturb Rody while putting the blanket on him, leaning back and resting his own head against Rody's.

(Also sorry abt not sticking to schedule, my grandma's been facing some health issues and I haven't had too much free time)