Ch 26 Ahil's soft gesture !

In a moment of unexpected intensity, his mother firmly seized his hand and pulled him close to his wife. The suddenness of the gesture, coupled with the forcefulness of her action, left an indelible mark on the atmosphere, creating a palpable tension in the room.

Hiya trembled with fear, her eyes tightly shut to shield herself from the unfolding situation. A solitary tear traced a delicate path down her cheek, resembling like a glistening pearl in the lit room.

As his gaze fell upon Hiya's exquisite form, adorned with unexpected bruises, shock coursed through him. The room seemed to hold its breath as he took in the sight. His eyes widened in disbelief. Memories of the previous night's interactions flashed before him - moments of physical contact, the removal of jewelry. Yet, he hadn't seen the consequences, nor had he sensed the wounds now visible on Hiya's skin.

The realization struck him like a sudden revelation. If there was any inadvertent harm caused, it was during the process of removing jewelry, a lapse that made him appear somewhat inconsiderate. However, the extent of the damage seemed far beyond what he could have anticipated or intended.

As Ahil stood there in silence, his mother's scolding intensified with each passing word. Her voice carried the weight of both anger and disappointment, lashing out at her son in a mix of frustration and disbelief.

"I firmly believed that Hiya wasn't your choice. She demanded money for marriage, and I, in a moment of desperation, compelled you into this alliance. Little did I know that my own son could resort to such brutality, mercilessly striking an innocent girl with a belt," she admonished, her tone sharp and unforgiving.

Her expression reflected a mixture of sorrow and shock as she continued, "I was aware you had a temper, but I never fathomed you could be so heartless. Yes, you may have harbored some resentment towards women, but that doesn't give you the right to lay a hand on them." Her anger poured out in a cascade of words, each sentence punctuated with a sense of disbelief and dismay at the unexpected darkness she discovered within her own son.

Hiya, meanwhile like silent spectator to Ahil's mother's prolonged scolding, finally gathered enough courage to step forward and stands in front of Ahil. With a trembling voice, she pleaded, "Mom, please don't say anything. He never touched me, let alone hitting. These... these bruises on me..."

She struggled to find the words, her eyes welling up with tears, conveying the depth of the emotional and physical torture she had endured.

In the midst of her emotional turmoil, Shalini, sensing Hiya's distress, observed her closely and asked, "Have your brother and sister-in-law harmed you?" The question hung in the air, revealing a glimmer of concern for Hiya's well-being, and a desire to understand the truth behind the apparent discord within the family.

In a bid to find a way to conclude the conversation, Hiya devised a careful excuse. "Yes... yes, before the wedding... I... I did request some money, and they couldn't bring themselves to discuss it with you. So, I declined the marriage proposal, and that's why they got a bit angry... actually, you see, my skin is quite sensitive, even a slight touch can make it turn red."

Her explanation, however, seemed to kindle a flame of anger within Ahil's mother. "Because of you, I said things to my innocent son that I shouldn't have, while you... coming from a third-class family, will always remain third-class." With these cutting words, she unleashed all her pent-up frustrations on Hiya, delivering a harsh judgment based on her biased perceptions.

In a fit of anger, Shalini questioned Hiya, "Now tell me, where can I arrange a new dress for you so quickly? Because if anyone outside notices any mark on your body, they will create stories about us. They won't think that these wounds are a result of your misdeeds."

Shalini was visibly furious, and Hiya, with lowered eyes, absorbed everything she said like a subordinate listener.

Observing this, before Shalini could say more to Hiya, Ahil, standing there, intervened, "Mom, I will take care of everything. You go and receive the guests."

"Arre, why should I bother to receive them? This girl will ruin our reputation. She's not even worth two cents." The last words of Shalini inflicted more pain on Hiya than all the scoldings she had heard until now.

Tears streamed down her eyes in an instant. She wondered if her worth was indeed just two cents. Perhaps, because she was bought, and not came here with love and affection, but with money.

On the other hand, Ahil, struggling to send his mother outside, remarked, "Besides, Mom, your choice of dress isn't good at all. It's too revealing, and I don't like such clothes." Saying this, he escorted her out of the room and closed the gate. A soft sigh of relief escapes his lips as she finally leaves and turns around to Hiya.

Ahil was pleased with Hiya's defence, he felt grateful that she hadn't accused him despite the harsh circumstances. He acknowledged the stark contrast between Hiya's dignified conduct and his own animalistic behaviour the previous night.

Unable to bear the sight of Hiya's tears, he turned toward her, silently signalling for her to wipe them away. In that moment, he realised she was indeed the innocent girl he had been searching for.

Driven by a desire to make amends, Ahil dialled a number on his phone and spoke, "Hello, Mini, this is Ahil Raizada here. I need a bridal gown for my wife in a few minutes." This action symbolised a shift in Ahil's approach, signalling a potential change in his demeanour towards Hiya.

Inquiring about the gown's colour, Mini asked, "Sure sir, which colour gown would you like for your beautiful wife?"

Ahil responded decisively, "It should be white in colour with heavy embroidery work and light stones, not too heavy nor too light, expensive, with a normal slim body frame measurements."

"Sure, sir. I got your point plus we know how expensive dresses you and your family wear. You will receive your parcel within 15 mins. Thank you!"

As the call was about to end, Ahil quickly added a crucial detail, "One second, listen... listen, Mini. The dress should not be revealing, and it doesn't need to have a deep back neck. Instead it should be subtly elegant with no revealing elements." This specific instruction reflected Ahil's concern for Hiya's modesty and showcased a newfound consideration for her feelings. And Mini responded with an "Okay" before ending the call.

Nodding he shoves his phone in the pocket of his pants and turns to face his face. He still finds her silently weeping and sighs softly. Ahil slowly approached Hiya, her tear-streaked face showed a mix of fear and apprehension. The recent events had intensified her anxiety, and she couldn't shake off the feeling that Ahil might seek retribution for her delayed response.

Despite Ahil's attempts to get closer, Hiya instinctively took steps backward, creating a visible distance between them. The dynamic between them seemed to be a delicate balance of fear and uncertainty. Ahil's proximity only heightened Hiya's nervousness, and the unease in the air was palpable.