Akali: Whatcha doin'?

You had stopped walking to send the messages and now Akali was giving you a curious look.

Y/N: Oh, um, just telling everyone we probably won't be reachable for a bit.

You expected some big shrug or her to berate you about being too much of a worrywart, but instead, she merely nodded and kept going. Maybe that had been the right call. You weren't sure yet. You quickly caught up to her and she looked at the map on her phone – she insisted on leading – before grabbing your arm tightly. She pulled you across the street, dodging cars like an action hero, while you stumbled along behind her. Yeah, this was the Akali you knew and loved. Down the street was a glowing right sign that read 'Demacia: Bistro and Martini Bar.' You were glad to see other patrons entering wearing casual to semi-formal attire since you wore the same buttoned shirt and pants you wore to the meeting and Akali wore jeans and a hoodie.

You held the door for Akali and stepped inside just before the rain started. Casual yet classy was a good description. Floating shelves with tens of colorful bottles hovered above the bar at the back. Servers in black shirts and pants moved to and fro through the booths and tables. The floor was a combination of black tile and green carpet, and the whole place was dimly lit by hanging fixtures that resembled starbursts. True to the website's description, it was not overly busy yet. Apparently, they got most of their business in the later evening.

A remarkably short hostess with blond pigtails and a beaming toothy smile waved you over. The name embroidered on her shirt read 'Poppy.' If the term chipper could be harnessed in physical form and compressed into the four-foot-nothing human mold, it might be half as radiant as this girl.

Poppy: Welcome to Demacia! What can we do for ya?

Her voice carried over the music and bustle with ease and clapped the stand with her small hands, making a sound like a mountain collapsing. You felt a little pang of unease in the face of such blatant extroverted behavior.

Y/N: Two, please.

You looked around the room. There were a couple of parties and a few couples in the middle of the room. Not quite wanting to be the center of attention, you spoke again.

Y/N: Preferably in a booth near a corner.

You had intended it so that you could perhaps get some romantic stolen kisses in, or do some sickeningly sweet act like feeding Akali dessert. It seemed however that Poppy's mind had gone down another line of thinking. Poppy looked between you again. Her eyes fixed on Akali for a moment before they went wide, something seemed to click in her mind. She muttered to herself and she went slack-jawed before recomposing herself. You felt a little satisfaction at putting an extrovert off-balance in her own domain.

Poppy: Absolutely. We'll see to it! One second!

She ducked away for a moment and scampered – that was what it looked like as her pigtails bounced up and down through the booths – to talk to a larger man in the back. His eyes went wide for a moment and he stole a glance at you and Akali. You and your companion shared confused expressions but were not left in the dark for long. As he approached, you realized how enormous and burly he was. A head taller than you and built like a tank with messy brown hair. His shirt read 'Garen. Owner.' He smiled over his chiseled jawline and bid you to follow him. He led you both to a small booth in the back. He placed down the menus and leaned down to you both.

Garen: Please let us know if you need anything, Miss. We aren't strangers to hosting celebrities. No one will bother you.

Akali's eyes widened and she quickly scanned the room before sliding into the booth. She pulled down her hood and took out her hairpin, letting her straight brown hair fall to her shoulders. Smart, her hair would obstruct her side profile, and it wasn't tied up like in the music video the hostess had obviously seen. You thanked the man and slid in opposite your companion.